Application Support Analyst - Leading Fintech Company
- Market Rate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Blue Asia Limited
- 12 Jun 17
Leading Fintech company due to rapid growth is seeking an Application Support Analyst to become part of its client services team to provide electronic trading support across its global derivatives markets
This Market Leader in Automation Technologies, has a wide range of exciting
and innovative solutions dominating key areas in the Fintech market space. We are seeking a trade support application specialist to work as a part of the Client Services (CS) Support Team in the Agency Trading business function, who provides electronic trading support across global derivatives markets. You will be part of a global support group providing a ‘follow the sun’ support model. The CS team works across the customer base, which includes many of the world’s biggest financial institutions.
The roles core function will be to support the global support team. The trading platforms are Windows and Linux based, connecting various components creating the Order Management System (OMS). The OMS supports trade execution across multiple exchanges, supporting multiple order types. It carries out pre and post trade risk calculation and allows traders to manage and audit their trades. The successful candidate will join the Business Desk, developing an indepth
understanding of the applications and of the markets. The candidate will provide support to the direct traders as well as trade support technicians.
The position will require out of normal office hours support; currently the day shift are 9
hours. There is also a requirement for scheduled weekend work. This essential work usually involves supporting the software provided to our customers.
● Providing phone/email/facetoface support to clients within a strict Service Level
● Take ownership of customers business requests relating to the application issues/behavior or market information
● Incident management; seeing issues through to resolution; including post incident
review processes to implement service improvements
● Problem management; the candidate must demonstrate logical thinking to identify
and resolve technical issues expediently
● Ensure customers are kept updated on ongoing issues in line with SLA assignment
● Work with other CS locations
● Ensure feedback is presented both accurately and professionally. The candidates will be dealing with complicated incidents and difficult customers.
● Maintain an indepth understanding of customer environments and architecture
● Perform change management such as installations, upgrades and contract configurations as required, with attention to detail to always maintain accuracy
● Ability to write complicated and detailed Incident Reports which are delivered to
senior management level (internal and external)
● To work as a part of a project team implementing new service. In some instances
this will require interfacing with the other Service Delivery Teams (Networks and
Systems) to achieve a successful completion of the project
● Display a strong understanding of electronic derivatives trading and have an
understanding of the major derivatives exchanges.
● Basic knowledge in FIX protocol
● Supporting systems in a Windows server environment (W2003 W2012)
● Demonstrate a good understanding of TCP/IP Skills
● Basic SQL knowledge
● English/Mandarin/Cantonese speaking
● Able to deal with difficult customers,able to work in a high pressure, realtime
● Exceptional attention to detail and focused on getting things right first time
● Committed to resolving problems for customer, even at personal inconvenience
● Manages workload effectively keeping customers and internal stakeholders
updated on key technical issues and project task updates
● Supporting systems in a Linux server environment (to RedHat 6)
● Providing support in a broker desk environment
● Indepth understanding of an OMS, working in an electronic trading environment
● Working within the SSAE 16 framework
● Citrix troubleshooting experience
● Basic Citrix management console administration
● The successful candidate must have previous IT Client Services experience
supporting mission critical systems (i.e. managing support issues, keeping
customers updated and escalating where necessary). They need to have
demonstrated an ability to learn a complex piece of software.
● Understanding of ITIL concepts, having worked in an environment which is
delivered to an IT standard (e.g. ITIL, ISO, SSAE 16)
● Educated to degree level in IT/Computing, preferably with honors.
If interested in this role email in word format your CV to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com