Corporate Banking IT: IT Business Analyst
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
- Sound knowledge in cash management products in the banking industry.
- Involves in all phases of the software development cycle.
- Assisting with business in providing appropriate recommendations or solution as required in the business case.
- Analyzing, eliciting, translating and simplifying requirements.
- Provide viable solution that improves operational efficiency and user experience of the applications involved.
- Provide functional specifications and conduct walkthrough with business and technical implementation team on proposed solution.
- Work closely with the technical implementation team in bridging the gap from translating functional to technical details.
- Provide test scenarios and support to test team in conducting SIT.
- Provide or conduct user training prior to UAT so that users involved are familiar with the solution.
- Provide clarifications and support to users during UAT.
- Ensure successful implementation of solution to production.
- Conduct user training and walkthrough to business and operations team.
- Conduct regular reviews where applicable for further improvement to the solution.
- Provide business and functional analysis for an internet based application or platform;
- During the initial stage, to work with business or operational users to understand the problems or requirements of the project prior to providing the solution;
- During the implementation stage, work closely with technical team to ensure the technical design is in-lined with the solution.
- Ensure the solution is implemented correctly by conducting design review and if required, conduct pre-SIT testing to validate the solution.
- To define SIT cases and be a liaison between project stakeholders and testing team during Testing Phase. Ensure defects reported are tracked, follow up and closed timely. Establish and maintain close communication with Business and Operation to support day-to-day operation;
- Conduct solution walkthrough and user training; support users during UAT phase.
- When solution is implemented into production conduct sanity test to ensure the change is implemented correctly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to details and client-oriented. Support experience will be added advantage;
- To act the bridge between Stakeholders and Delivery Centre/Vendor, i.e., translate the business case into user requirement understood by the developer; and raise the queries of the developers in a form the stakeholders can understand;
- To identify and map information requirement between BNPP internal systems and external parties i.e. Clearing House and Partner Banks;
- To escalate issues in an effective manner and resolve these in conjunction with the rest of the team and/or the vendor;
- Able to work independently or in a team to resolve issues and/or identify solutions in timely manner.
- Good knowledge on ISO20022 payment standard and SWIFT messages.
- Hands-on experience with such data mapping and testing. Knowledge in modern application architecture and language (JEE) will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of SQL and Cobol
- Sound functional analysis and project management skills.
- Sound domain knowledge in wholesale banking and / or retail banking industry in at least two of the following areas: Payments (TT, RTGS, LVP, Direct Debit), Collection and client reporting
- Good interpersonal skill and team player.
- Strong will to success and overcome challenges.
- Self-driven and independent.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and multi-culture environment.
- Degree holder with minimum 5 years of business analysis experience preferable in Banking.