C++ Developer - Equity Risk Systems - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Aug 17
See job description for details
The RiskViewer platform provides real time risk and P&L data across Morgan Stanley's equity derivatives franchise. It supports the full range of equity products from vanilla options through to exotics and swaps. In addition to equities the platform also supports additional asset classes such as FX, rates and credit. Feeding the front end is a distributed architecture of multi-threaded server-side components and a compute farm for calculation of risk and pricing data. The platform also provides valuation services to a variety of trading engines, quoting/market making systems and pricing tools used by trading and sales.
- We are looking for a developer to join the development team in the London office to deliver on a combination of strategic projects with global impact and tactical solutions for the desks here in London.
- The successful candidate will have excellent technical and analytical skills and an interest in equity derivatives pricing and risk management.
- Good communication skills are required for the interaction with internal clients including trading, quants and desk strategists, as well as with colleagues in New York, Hong Kong and Budapest.
Skills required (essential):
- Excellent Java skills
- Strong analytical, algorithm and problem solving skills.
- Strong track record of delivery.
- Knowledge C/C++.
- Knowledge of equity derivatives.
- Database/SQL experience.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.