Dedicated Advisory COO
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 19 Aug 17
Dedicated Advisory COO
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The aim of the Information Technology department (ITEC) of GBIS is to translate ideas into action by combining the strength of expertise in IT with a deep understanding of investment banking.
ITEC works to ensure that it delivers the services the businesses need to compete and serve Société Générale's clients. The objective is to deliver production services in a well-controlled and cost effective way, and to deliver competitive application systems that allow GBIS to grow its business in existing and new markets, launch new products and take advantage of new opportunities when they arise.
• Delivering IT services and solutions that enable GBIS to deliver its business objectives.
• Ensuring a cost effective, high quality, flexible and well controlled production service for business applications systems and IT infrastructure (service delivered by RESG/GTS).
Facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
ITEC/COO goal is "to run ITEC like a business" by acting as a control tower and advisory for all subjects linked to:
Finance : Budget and forecast follow up
Resources: staff plan follow up, new joiner integration, training plan …
Projects : follow up of project, program and portfolio
Operational risks : follow up of Audit recommendation and all subject related to operational risks
Summary of responsibilities
• Provide a steering, advisory and alert role to an ITEC UK Dpt based on standardized reports on Finance (in collaboration with DFIN) and on Resources (in collaboration with ITEC/COO/SMS and HUMN).
• Provide a consolidated view of an ITEC UK Dpt to Paris.
• Ensure the definition and monitoring of the budget for an ITEC UK Dpt
• Produce the monthly financial forecast of an ITEC UK Dpt and analyse it against the budget (in Euro's and FTE)
• Participate in the follow-up of an ITEC UK Dpt savings program.
• Accompany an ITEC UK Dpt managers in defining the Sourcing strategy and follow its implementation.
• Filter, analyse, organize the processing of requests that belong to the ITEC / COO (ad-hoc requests) service catalogue.
• Ensure smooth communication between the department and the ITEC / COO, DFIN, COOS, SAFE & HUMN teams.
• Participate in the periodic review of ITEC / COO processes and its partners (COOS, DFIN, HUMN, SAFE).
Level of Autonomy and Authority
Working under the supervision of reporting manager, autonomy to be defined and refined under that supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; to be able to communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in the relevant business lines and elsewhere within the investment bank
• Capacity to drive and accompany change
• Ability to manage multiple and varied subjects.
• Strong written documentation abilities
• Coordination skills (across and between the teams in ITEC and the business)
• Understanding of Investment Banking market activities
• Compliant with confidentiality requirements
• Ability to work autonomously and be responsible for following matters through to completion
• Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
• Team player, enjoy sharing information
• Have a strong risk culture and reliable professional conduct
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.