Governance and Controls Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 21 Aug 17
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank, is looking for a Governance and Controls lead to join a trade processing programme.
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank, is looking for a Governance and Controls lead to join a trade processing programme. The individual must have experience in managing and delivering large complex programmes within a banking environment preferable within an operations/transformation function.
* Run the Governance, Controls & PMO Office function for the programme to ensure efficient, effective delivery of the programme in line with contractual obligations.
* Define and embed the Programme Office deliverables, including financials, status reporting and risk and issue management processes.
* Manages overall programme financials (budget requests, forecasting).
* Manage governance structure to align with changes in scope and deliveries as the delivery progresses.
* Secretariat for Strategic, Programme & Governance/Commercial Committees; including meeting agendas, decks and minutes.
* Contract oversight and control for Change and BAU.
* Stakeholder Mgt - disseminate project communication to a wide range of stakeholders, as well as to senior management and field queries and requests for additional detail.
* Manages PMO team - defines PMO services delivered to programme; recruiting line mgt activities.
Skills & Knowledge:
* Broad financial services experience.
* Strong analysis skills.
* MS Suite (incl Project, Excel and SharePoint)
* Use of Project Portfolio Management tools (e.g. HP PPM, Clarity, Planview etc)
* Solid knowledge of project management methodologies.
* Experience of managing change in complex environment.
* Understanding of risk management & regulatory demands.
* Degree (or equivalent)
* Project / Programme Management accreditation.
* Experienced PMO/COO/BM with a demonstrable track record working on financial services initiatives, ideally with cross functional delivery impact. VP level demonstrable Project Management Office.
* In-depth knowledge of project office and project management function.
* Good financial management experience.
* Analytical skills.
* Ability to network and influence others and work with senior stakeholders.
* Prior experience of working in a corporate banking environment advantageous.
* Strong understanding of risk and issue management and how this is performing with senior/ challenging stakeholders.
* Ability to communicate at all levels.
* Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to build strong relationships.
* Collaborative style with ability to quickly build trust/credibility.
* Understanding of project management best practices/ methodologies/ project lifecycle.
* Strong delivery focus.
* Ability to "roll up sleeves" and own resolution of "sticky problems".
* Some multi geography project delivery experience.
* Challenge status quo; ability to interpret business requirements into a tangible plan and spot inconsistencies.
* Ability to manage diverse stakeholder requirements & demands & successfully negotiate a goal that achieves the best outcome for the Firm.
* Confident, able to communicate and negotiate at all levels.
* Able to multi-task and prioritize.
* A proactive, self-starter, who is can be relied upon to act on initiative.
* Can do attitude - willingness to roll-up the sleeves in order to get things done.
* Manages to balance structure & best practice versus pragmatism.
* Strong commercial awareness and thinking.