Head of Corporate Engagement
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Société Générale - UK
- 18 Aug 17
Head of Corporate Engagement
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Communication department of Societe Generale UK ensures:
- The definition of the Communication strategy in the UK, in line with Group Communication.
- The promotion and protection of Societe Generale's brand, culture, values and identity across the UK.
- The support and promotion of its activities, principally in Financing & Advisory, Global Market and Investment Services, and Wealth and Asset Management.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The Head of Corporate Engagement reflects a diverse role, encompassing internal and external communications, focused on driving and supporting SG Group's values and strategic priorities, ranging from staff engagement, to brand profiling and sponsorships, to thought leadership, including working with business divisions on a cross-business basis. The individual will report to the Head of UK Communications.
Summary of responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Head of Corporate Engagement will be to:
- Build on the “sense of belonging” across the UK platform to help promote and drive staff and business-related engagement initiatives, working alongside the Communication Business Partners, CSR and HR teams, amongst others.
- Help support and drive SG Group's brand positioning in the UK through sponsorship initiatives, and leveraging off of our cultural values, namely the Arts, Classical Music and Rugby. To be closely involved in helping to drive the branding campaign for One Bank Street, our new offices being built in Canary Wharf.
- To identify, align, and drive strategic thought leadership topics on a transversal basis in support of cross-business client engagement and business-related sponsorship initiatives, working in coordination with the Client Marketing team and with business line managers and COOs.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• Excellent Communication skills at all levels, both written and oral
• Excellent client focus and orientation
• Creative, innovative, and able to think outside the box
• Good technical understanding
• Good understanding and proven use of social media tools
• Cooperation and teamwork with other departments across the Group
• Results driven
• Demonstrates empathy
• Approachable, managing people, strong ethical standards
• Team leadership
• Strong negotiation skills.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.