IT Project Management - Enterprise Projects - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Aug 17
See job description for details
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
Enterprise Infrastructure Projects (EIP) is a project management services group that supports the core infrastructure group for Client. The group is responsible for delivering key projects across multiple areas of technology and business enablement including business expansions, business divestitures, and technology deployments, integration and decommissions. It operates as a professional services group with teams aligned with technology groups including networking, compute, data centres, security, end user computing, end user services and application development.
This position is for a Project Manager role. You will manage a diverse set of EI Risk and Hygiene initiatives. You will be responsible for:
- Influencing constituents to accomplish this work according to schedule (a fair amount of influencing skills will be necessary)
- Keep all the core and virtual teams marching to the plan
- Establish key forums for the various roles and ensure you are meeting at regular intervals to deliver planned milestones
- Manage key Sr. Mgmt Reporting - you will be responsible for reporting, maintaining project plans, supporting project planning and tracking, issue / risk management as well as meeting maintenance. You will produce project documentation and project plans to team standards, and within the current project lifecycle standards, solicit business sign off, governance, and action where appropriate
- You will provide support and oversight of implementation through project completion.
- You will have a diverse technical background within the financial services industry
- Technology Project Management experience. IT Risk or Hygiene initiatives a plus.
- Well versed in general computing controls for Infrastructure technologies
- Experience with various control frameworks (COBIT, NIST, CSC)
- Well versed in the project lifecycle and Project Management methodologies
- Experience in running projects that upgrade end of life software or hardware
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Excel and Project
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team, self-starter
- Display strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of leading projects at times of change
- Able to demonstrate bringing teams together toward a common goal who are not directly reporting to the project manager
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work in a high pressure environment while juggling multiple tasks
- Demonstrate good time management, ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines across multiple projects
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels and influence others
- Candidates must have a good attention to detail and good organizational skills
- A confident and articulate communicator
- A team player with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm
- Experience reporting project cost and schedule status to multiple levels of stakeholders in a clear, concise and transparent fashion. Expense discipline
- Regulatory experience a plus (i.e. SOX, SSAE16, RegSCI)
- Technology Project Management experience within Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree +
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.