AVP, Lead Application Analyst
- Full Time
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 28 Jul 17
This position will deliver impactful transformation projects in the CRM & Digital spaces for Product, Distribution, Services & Marketing.
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at http://www.Nuveen.com www.Nuveen.com
This position will deliver impactful transformation projects in the CRM & Digital spaces for Product, Distribution, Services & Marketing. The incumbent will have the responsibility to explore and document business needs, define project proposals and present them to technology leaders and stakeholders. In the project execution phases, the incumbent will play a key delivery role leveraging past experience and various resources within Nuveen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Act as liaison to analyze and create specifications to develop solutions.
- Plan, direct and execute the analysis of complex business issues.
- Facilitate business requirement gathering and definition through various methods including joint collaboration sessions with business and IT, targeted Q&A sessions with multiple Subject Matter Experts (SME) and one-on-one user interviews.
- Analyze and interpret business requirements to prepare documents such as business and functional requirements, user stories, use cases/models, gap analysis, current and proposed process flows, and data flows.
- Influence, negotiate, and integrate requirements from multiple stakeholders to reach consensus on scope.
- Identify/escalate and/or manage requirement conflicts, issues and changes in order to appropriately manage scope.
- Work with internal and external resources to identify potential solutions to meet identified business needs.
- Oversee implementation of solutions throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- May supervise and work direct other employees and contract workers.
Education and/or Experience:
· 7+ years of relevant hands-on experience in developing Salesforce.com based business applications.
- Asset Management industry experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree. Some post graduate work, such as technical or financial certifications, or work towards master’s degree, is preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficient at programming and configuring the Salesforce.com platform; deep functional understanding of its architecture, capabilities and limitations; Salesforce.com certifications a plus.
- Experienced with Salesforce.com development tools and techniques including the APEX language, Lightning Experience, Force.com custom development, triggers, controllers, Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, sObjects, SOQL, SOSL, Chatter APIs, outbound messaging and creating Visual Force pages.
- Expert at migrating metadata between Salesforce environments using change sets and other tools as needed.
- Proficient with Salesforce.com Mobile / Salesforce 1.
- Strong understanding of object oriented concepts and relational database concepts.
- Understanding of Sales, Marketing and Service business processes is a must.
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with enterprise-level applications through all available integration channels as well as Salesforce-to-Salesforce integrations.
- Experience with AppExchange partners such as Pardot, Riva, and CalendarAnything.
- Experience with Salesforce Community Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, and Service Cloud.
- Experience with data providers and services within the Distribution, Marketing, and Product Financial Services universe, e.g. Cvent, Preqin, and BrightScope.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Has a proven track record of excellent project and people management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of IT, with a solid technology background, including an understanding of technology-governance frameworks, and applications used in financial services.
- Ability to display independent judgment to make decisions where no clear precedents exist; adjusts plans and deliverables with the right approvals and the business goals in mind. Ensures that all standards are followed and controls are adequately designed and implemented.
· Limited travel required (<10%)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email mailto:email@example.com?subject=Application Assistance Needed Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.