- Detroit, MI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Millcraft Group
- 04 Aug 17
The Millcraft Paper Company is a privately-owned business headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio and with a division in suburban Detroit, Michigan. Millcraft has earned its reputation in the paper distribution and packaging industries upon a business philosophy in which the customer relationship is paramount. Now in its fourth generation as a family-owned company, Millcraft continues to carry the traditional family values of honesty and integrity, respect and loyalty to its business relationships with customers and suppliers alike.
The Company has an immediate need for a Credit Specialist. With annual revenue in excess of $250M, this position is ideal for the candidate interested in an active, growing and fun environment!
Ours is an environment where fresh ideas are encouraged and heard; where the President knows all 250 employees by first name and interacts with them all; where balance is achieved between working smart and having fun; where accomplishments are recognized and rewarded!
All that, and great benefits too! You'll be eligible for group Medical, Dental, Health Savings, Life, Disability, AD&D, 401(k), Paid Holidays, PTO, and many others!
WHAT YOU'LL DO WITH YOUR TALENTS:
• Assist Credit Manager in maintaining A/R within corporate guidelines for over 60 days and DSO.
• Complete timely collection contact with customers to obtain payment for outstanding invoices.
• Monitor customer account ageing's to ensure timely contact with customer.
• Establish and maintain rapport with customers and ability to interact comfortably with others.
• Assist with risk monitoring of new accounts and setup in Microsoft AX ERP System.
• Assist with posting cash receipts on an as needed basis.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Ability to speak concisely, clearly and persuasively with customers in order to obtain payment on invoices.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Positive attitude and able to work well with various departments - team player.
• Self-starter who takes initiative to accomplish department goals.
• Good interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Associate and/or Bachelor Degree preferred.
• 1-3 years of Credit or credit-related experience.
• MS Office and basic PC skills at an intermediate level.
• Experience with accounting system (Axapta/AX a plus).
Millcraft Paper Company is an EEO employer. We are committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Millcraft Paper Company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Millcraft Paper Company.