Senior Support Specialist
- Location: Manhattan, NY, USA
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Provide best in class client-facing support for all Front, Middle and BackOffice users of Murex 3.1, the trade booking platform for FX and Money Markets. Respond to faults and requests for changes, including testing and delivery of bug fixes. Ensure all problems are resolved and recorded in a timely fashion according to enterprise standards, and provide ongoing support, advice and guidance. Assist with delivery of related project and disaster recovery exercises.
Apply skills to minimize and proactively mitigate any issue that might arise. Apply knowledge to provide a stable production environment for the business to work in and, as part of a global team, provide a 24 hours support function. Engage daily with front office trading staff and senior trading stakeholders. The successful candidate should be experienced with working in a front office trading environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Production support of Financial Markets Front Office applications in a front office trading environment.
* Perform client facing application support to front office trading staff and senior business stakeholders.
* Monitor Front Office applications using ITRS Geneos.
* Perform in-depth technical application support.
* Prioritize work to successfully deliver service in a diverse environment.
* Manage incidents, problems, and changes of varying complexity.
* Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation.
* Drive bug fix resolution or application enhancements to improve supportability of the platform.
* Adhere to Change Control and Fault Reporting Procedures.
* Participate in bank wide disaster recovery tests and work with wider team on DR remediation efforts.
* Work closely with UNIX/Database/Network/Market Data Infrastructure teams to improve service offering.
* Manage open risks and audit points through to closure.
* Perform risk reviews of the environment and raise new risks where/when applicable.
* Perform proactive knowledge transfer and cross training with internal teams.
Qualifications and Skills
* At least 5 years of production application support experience within a financial services organisation.
* In depth experience of working with and supporting the Murex platform in a trading enviornment. Specifically with providing user support of the Murex 3.1 Front Office interface including:
* Trader Issues
* Pre trade (inc FDI/ Post trade workflows)
* DataMart for PnL views in simulation
- STP - MXML
* Familiarity with UNIX systems such as Red Hat Linux.
* Knowledge of SQL (Sybase or Oracle)
* Configuration and management of vendor or bespoke monitoring toolsets (Geneos/Patrol)
* Configuration and management of vendor batch management toolsets (Control-M)
* Knowledge of networking concepts & protocols in a trading environment.
* Strong team player.
* Excellent communication, both written and verbally.
* Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
* Self starter/motivator and ambitious.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 20/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.