Senior Associate, Structurer - Fund Linked Products
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Delaware Investments
- 07 Aug 17
The Fund Linked Products business specializes in origination of bilateral and syndicated lending and derivative transactions with investors in, and sponsors of, top tier hedge funds and private equity fund of funds. Products offered include financing collateralized by equity investments in one or more hedge funds or private equity funds, financing reliant on guarantees or credit support provided by hedge funds or private equity funds, financing of private equity fund investor capital commitments, and various forms of derivatives referencing hedge funds and mutual funds (including total return swaps, equity linked notes and capital protection).
We currently have an open position in our New York office. The role is a unique opportunity, in a front office capacity, where you will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of transaction origination, structuring, approval and execution.
In particular, you will take ownership over the following:
- work with members of the sales and origination teams in client discussions to ensure the desired outcome is achieved and expectations are managed
- provide mentoring to junior structuring team members
- liaise with internal and external legal counsel around transaction structuring and documentation
- liaise with the risk and due diligence teams within the business and centrally within Macquarie around transaction underwriting and approvals
- develop a deep understanding of the credit underwriting and risk modelling process
- develop a deep understanding of prudential regulation of regulatory capital, funding and cross border taxation, and how this impacts upon the business
- assist with research, analysis and credit underwriting relating to both existing and proposed transactions.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate a strong academic track-record within a relevant degree (although a science or engineering degree will also be well-regarded). You will have have 4 to 7 years of experience within a complex commercial environment in one or more of the following areas:
- debt capital markets
- cross border financing
- structured derivatives
- credit risk management, specifically portfolio risk and/or special situations credit
- tax, regulatory, legal and operations frameworks of prudentially regulated institutions.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- strong communication skills and an ability to develop and maintain close working relationships
- strong numeracy and an analytical mind
- advanced MS Excel skills and report writing skills
- highly articulate and organised with strong attention to detail
- the ability to handle a fast paced working environment
- strong sense of personal responsibility and desire to be challenged
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM; formerly known as Macquarie Funds Group) is a full-service asset manager, offering a diverse range of products including securities investment management, infrastructure and real asset management, and fund and equity-based structured products.
Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions manufactures and distributes a range of tailored investment solutions over funds and listed equities including fund-linked products, capital protected investments, a hedge fund incubation platform, agriculture investment solutions, infrastructure debt funds management and restructuring solutions. The division is recognised for product innovation, with a strong track record of delivering tailored solutions to the market.