Senior Java Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 19 Aug 17
Markit Counterparty Manager is a highly secure environment for trading counterparties to manage and share documentation, make regulatory representations and validate compliance with evolving business conduct rules and KYC/AML obligations.
This position is for a hands-on senior developer who can design, build and support industry platform for bringing the buy side and sell side onto one interface. This role is for a senior level developer working on projects and tasks to develop & support the platform.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong technical candidate with a numerate degree, or equivalent, to work on one of the most dynamic buy side and sell side systems which are undergoing rapid & exciting change under current regulatory environment.
This role would suit a Java/SQL developer with 8-12 years’ experience. Experience with AngularJs, REST, Spring framework along with financial experience knowledge is a big plus.
Duties & accountabilities
- This will involve design, implementation and support of global corporate action tool using Java and MS SQL server technologies, working with a global team of 40 developers. On the job training can be provided for the business aspects of the job.
- Responsibilities will include requirement analysis, coding, documentation, database performance tuning, peer code reviews, knowledge sharing and managing your performance and delivery against agreed goals and objectives
Education and experience
- The right candidate will have a very strong academic degree or equivalent background in a numerate discipline.
- Solid proven track record in professional programming.
- Substantial Java/J2EE design and implementation experience is essential, including Object Oriented Design Patterns.
- Strong experience with an enterprise-grade relational database management system, preferably MS SQL, including expert level SQL.
- Experience with highly numeric applications advantageous.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track record actively contributing to the implementation of innovative, best-practice-based, technical solutions in a complex and challenging environment.
- Experience with Regulations, buy side- sell side dealings is definitely a plus.
- Previous experience mentoring and cross-training more junior developers are preferred.
- The ideal candidate would be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail, very hard working and prepared to go the extra mile to absorb the necessary business & technical knowledge to succeed.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and fluent English essential.
- Proven ability to work within a team of technologists is essential.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.