Senior C++/C# Software Engineer – Structured Finance Solutions
Job Description As a Senior Software Engineer you will work alongside talented team members and key business stakeholders to develop and enhance complex analytical software applications for analyzing structured fixed income securities. The primary programming language is C++ but a knowledge of C# is also beneficial.
To be successful, it requires the ability understand and implement user requirements in multiple areas including UI, calculation, and database layers. Our team utilizes Waterfall and Agile Software Development Life Cycles and has a high degree of collaboration with our key business stakeholders. We are looking for a great team player who is comfortable working with team members at different locations in multiple time zones for project deliverables. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and program complex features for our core analytics and cashflow engines.
- Interpret business requirements in collaboration with Business Analyst team.
- Provide input into technical design at the story and/or module level.
- Perform bug-fixes/enhancements to existing products.
- Investigate and find root cause for software problems reported by clients.
- Act as mentor and review code of more junior team members.
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or closely related field.
- Experience working as a C++ programmer.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Familiarity with C#, Java and SQL a plus.
- Solid understanding of OOP, data structure and algorithms, numerical analysis, and XML.
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Must possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Ability to lead and mentor junior developers.
- Knowledge of fixed income finance is a plus
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.