About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. The Role
The OTC Structured Products team services many premier hedge funds in both the Hong Kong and Singapore markets. The OTC Structured Products Consultant will be responsible for verification, settlement, and life cycle event processing related to client transactions serving as an extension to the Client's internal Middle Office team. The role will offer great exposure to both brokers and interested parties aside from working with key decision makers with each Hedge fund client. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Affirms OTC trades from prior trade date.
• Ensures timely receipt of electronic-based OTC confirmations from trading counterparties.
• Ensures accuracy of transaction agreements and modifications.
• Assists swap confirmation team in covering all OTC products such as total return swaps, equity options, structured equity products, convertible bond options, credit defaults and fixed income products.
• Manages the settlement of swap cash flows associated with OTC products, including unwinds, quarterly fees, resets, and premiums
• Assists in proper operational reflection of OTC trades
• Reviews booking of corporate actions and dividends/coupons to ensure it affects the position properly.
• Assist in developing and implementing projects and software which promote automation and efficiency as well as work with IT in the development/enhancement of trade entry.
• Efficiently identifies and resolves transaction discrepancies between firm and swap counterparties.
• Processes all aspects of periodic resets for vanilla and exotic IRS, CDS, and TRS products.
• Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
• Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees.
• More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas Skills/ Qualifications:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change
• Technical skills / systems knowledge (e.g. Peoplesoft) is required Experience
• A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.
• Related Industry qualification (e.g. ACCA) is preferred Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.