Equity Derivatives Trade Support Director - Middle Office Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Mar 19
See job description for details
The Hong Kong Equity Derivatives Trade Support Group (TSG) is responsible for providing front-to-back operational support for the issuance & lifecycle management of Structured Products, Exotic OTC Swaps & Options traded by the Equity Exotics, Corporate Derivatives and cross-asset Sales & Trading desks in Hong Kong.
The Trade Support Group acts as the central point of contact for the front to back flows of the businesses it supports, which requires close partnership across a wide network of internal departments including Sales & Trading, Strats, Financial Engineering, Treasury, Finance, Legal & Compliance, and other Operational support groups.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Trade and Issue Date controls on new product set-ups and trade capture within the Firm's risk management systems and sub-ledger.
• Validation of trade economics captured in the trade capture systems against trade termsheets and partner closely with Sales & Trading on trade booking queries and ad-hoc requests.
• Work with product controllers to resolve any PnL issues arising from misbookings.
• Lifecycle management, event notification, and calculation of complex product payoffs.
• Oversee daily reconciliation and clearance of position, product and internal accounting breaks that ultimately affect the MS balance sheet.
• Identification, timely escalation & resolution of control-related issues.
• Development & maintenance of detailed desktop procedures outlining the team's activities.
• Strong understanding of equity derivatives and OTC products and markets.
• Previous experience of working in a Trade Support / Line function.
• Familiarity and experience with the front-to-back trade lifecycle.
• Strong organizational, time management, communication & stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to adapt existing skills in a new environment quickly.
• Ability to think laterally, and recognize opportunities for system/process improvement.
• Ability to understand complex problems quickly and move projects forward.