As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
Our client is a well known asset management firm. They are looking to add one headcount for investment operarions team.
- Assist with enhancing the firm's global follow the sun model, liaising with London and Chicago teams.
- To proactively support the post trade execution of global securities, FX, Money Market Deposits, Repos, OTC/ETD instruments, including confirmation, settlement and cash movements, investigation and resolution of any resultant trade issues or transaction entry into portfolio administration systems and Collateral management.
- Liaise with executing brokers, clearing brokers, custodians, middleware vendors, fund managers on a daily basis to ensure the effective administration of transactions, maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Trade date +1 reconciliation between our records and those of clearing brokers across all funds
- Contribute to the departments long term strategic initiatives and undertake testing when required
- Challenge existing processes and look to make improvements to deliver efficiency savings and strengthen the control framework.
- Longer term goal to mitigate exposure risk through the daily collateral margin process across OTC bilateral, OTC Cleared, Repo and ETD.
- 3-5 years working experience in middle office space in financial services institutions within a trade processing/operational support function in either Investment Management/Banking.
- Strong understanding of: Equities, OTC Derivatives
- A proven track record of being flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Proactive approach to work with a focus on improving processes and key controls
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is flexible in their approach to work
- Fluent in English; Cantonese & Japanese would be advantageous