PVR Product Specialist - Hong Kong
We are looking for a talented and 8+ year experienced business development specialist who has a deep knowledge of Fixed Income and Derivative markets. The role will be a fantastic opportunity to learn about how financial markets consume and use the deep information we create. A business development team member will work very closely with our sales and product development professionals and must be commercially aware and able to position our industry recognised solutions. A thorough understanding of product management from business development, product development and customer services whilst being exposed to clients and delivering solutions to a changing financial market. A personable person who is able to build lasting relationships with our clients.
The individual will ultimately be based in Hong Kong and will be a key part of the Pricing, Valuations and Reference data team in Asia Pacific. The primary responsibility will be to work with APAC business team and other product, sales, operations and technology managers to
- Provide product guidance and support to our existing and future Asia-based clients as well as our sales and operations teams;
- Develop a more comprehensive distribution strategy for our existing Data products; and
- Develop and implement a broader Data product strategy for the Asia region.
This will include market research, generation of product concepts and requirements, development of business cases and implementation of new products and services into the region. While the scope is not limited to one pricing or reference data product, a near term focus of the role will be the expansion of the PVR suite into Hong Kong then north Asia This individual will play a key role in developing and/or maintaining IHS Markit's leadership position in the Fixed Income and Derivative markets. . Duties & Responsibilities:
- Address any technical questions related to the methodology used to generate MTM valuations and derived market data (volatility surfaces, curves, forwards...)
- Position, demonstrate and provide support for derivative products and services with the overall objective to grow revenue and ensure that IHS Markit DDVS maintains a dominant position in the market
- Partner with sales teams to create contract-winning proposals for current/prospective clients and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Carry out internal and external training sessions related to new releases within DDVS
- Organizing and run monthly/quarterly meetings with existing clients. This will require liaison across multiple support centres
- Maintain clear records of business development activities including CRM, call reports, service request and weekly activity reports.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.