Services - Industrial Trainee - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 21 Mar 19
Services - Industrial Trainee - Bengaluru
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative and commercially managed market development, document management and hospitality related services.
CSRE's areas of responsibility are Real Estate, Business Services, Finance, Data Strategy, Operations Planning, Management Strategy & Communications & Social Governance
- Real Estate plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities worldwide, and is critical to ensuring that our
core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Business Services delivers high-quality, commercially managed services to internal partners
throughout the firm
- Finance comprised of regionally based teams and a central hub in Bangalore, India, provides financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the
- Services Division and for business partners across the firm
- Data Strategy focuses on ensuring that the operational and financial data is of high quality, accurate and complete and is made available to key stakeholders on a timely basis
- Operations Planning partners with our divisional businesses to drive change that enhances the quality and commercial efficiency, maximize productivity and improve asset utilization
- Management Strategy oversee organizational development and the strategic divisional initiativeCommunication & Social Governance streamline and internal and client communication and drive the
- Communication & Social Governance streamline and internal and client communication and drive the social governance initiatives of the division.
Services division manages spend of ~$2b globally for the firm across the businesses of Real Estate, Business Services & Global Security and provides advisory and management services to the people of Goldman Sachs in over 95 cities around the world.
The role will support
- The month end general ledger close activities and accurate accounting and reporting of those numbers including Balance Sheet Substantiation on a quarterly basis
- Various expense analysis requirements and query resolution
The intern will be based in Bengaluru and work closely with Finance team within CSRE division.
- Support month-end close processes including accruals, prepaid entries and variance analysis
- Support business finance activities like invoice management process, allocations and accruals
- Analyse spend across multiple expense lines, provide explanations for major variances and support functional reporting
- Monitor key cost pool balances and ensure accurate charge out of costs to Firm wide divisions
- Support in preparing balance sheet reconciliations and assist in managing various audit and other disclosure requirements
- Work closely with other members of the local and global finance team to ensure integration and collaboration with other members across various geographies
- CA IPCC/ (Inter) qualified
- Proven ability in performing analytics on large databases and in using tools like MS Excel, and desire to learn new systems
- Ability to grasp complex issues quickly, interpret information and communicate issues and analysis to non-financial staff
- Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- A problem solver, proactive and have a high level of enthusiasm
- Ability to meet strict and aggressive deadlines
- Strong networking skills to establish contacts within Finance, business operations and cross functional teams
- Ability to work in a team based and global environment, and to interface with all levels of employees from diverse cultures
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.