Software Development Engineer in Test (Backend)
JPMC is looking at expanding our digital capabilities and we are investing in growth opportunities for various businesses.
We are looking for commercially minded, customer obsessed, hands on engineers, who want to be a part of building something from the ground upwith us. A core responsibility is to produce secure, scalable technical solutions to support our bleeding edge products.
The success of this business relies on the platform that will be built - we will be using a stack that is cloud native relying on cutting edge technology and seek full stack minded engineers.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious and honest, passionate, hungry individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. This initiative will be HQ'ed in London and supported by multiple teams around the globe. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
As a QA Engineer you will be responsible for:
• Championing a test mindset within your squad.
• Deciding on the appropriate scope of unit, integration and end-to-end testing, as well as functional and non-functional testing.
• Delivery and execution of the acceptance criteria on primarily automated basis.
• Developing metrics and trend analysis on test execution and test coverage.
• Communicating the status of the testing activities to the team and highlighting risks associated with the quality and projected delivery.
• Developing test automation frameworks from scratch (including latest technology stacks) as well as supporting and improving existing frameworks. Reviewing code PRs from the wider QA team.
• Adherence to established test standards and procedures.
• Being part of a squad to work on the sprint deliverables and prepare for next sprint activities.
• Daily interaction with a global team.
• Initiation and completion of the test escape and root cause analysis, testing lessons learned.
• Recommending future process improvements and defect prevention.
Required Skills / Experience:
• Strong knowledge of testing best practices and standards.
• Strong Java test automation background.
• Back-end test automation experience using REST Assured, HTTP clients, libraries for working with JSON files and other tools relevant for test automation of APIs.
• Understanding of distributed systems and experience working with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
• Experience working in automated deployments environment with a focus on integrating automated testing into continuous integration / continuous delivery pipelines.
• Understanding of relational and no-SQL databases.
• Proven experience in all aspects of functional, integration, resilience and regression testing.
• Ability to independently debug issues and provide the necessary and relevant details to the development team.
• Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset.
• Familiarity with BDD practices and test automation tools and frameworks to support it.
• Desired - experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Desired - previous experience in Application Development.
• Strong facilitation skills and proactive communication.
• Have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
• Technically curious, versatile and solution oriented.
• Knowledge and experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong time management, interpersonal and people skills.
• Ability to operate comfortably in a multi-task / multi priority environment across a global team.
• Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms).
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world. JPMorgan Chase & Co. processes transactions accounting for 40% of all US dollars globally on a daily basis across client relationships with 50% of all US households.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.