iShares Sales – Italian speaking External Relationship Manager - Vice President - Milan
- Milan, Lombardia, Italy
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
This position is responsible for the development of existing relationships and the growth of the client book in the asset management and asset owner segment of Italy’s Institutional Clients.
The incumbent is within the Italian iShares Sales team, based in Milan.
The key function is to develop and maintain relationship with Italian clients, ensuring an excellent client experience.
Responsibilities will include the coverage of Italian institutional investors (Pension Funds, Foundations, Financial Institutions and Asset Owners), managing follow-ups, CRM activity, and working in close co-operation with the rest of the Italian franchise and the specialist teams based in the European headquarter– to build and maintain sophisticated and diverse client segment, thereby growing BlackRock’s indexed asset management market share in Italy.
- Management of senior client relationships at key partners up to CIO level (relationship-lead, focus on discretionary portfolio management and advisory multipliers)
- Development and execution of account strategies jointly with the team-lead
- Acquisition of new clients and sourcing of projects to expand the use of BlackRock’s indexed offering (linked to asset raising, call and meeting targets)
- Close cooperation with client service analysts and partner groups to deliver the unique BlackRock value proposition
- Manage day to day business flow and deliver service excellence (pre-trade guidance, product comparisons, cost analytics)
- Comply with all regulatory and legal standards
- Collaboration and information sharing with other iShares and BlackRock sales teams globally
- Contribution to the delivery of annual target of net new assets, generated from existing and new clients
- Maintain and develop dialog with respective product development and marketing departments
- Deliver product presentations to clients via phone, video conferences and office visits
- Arrange client meetings and conference calls with Fund Managers or Product Specialists
- Lead road shows, events & seminars in partnership with Marketing and Event Management team
- Proven experience in selling investment products to sophisticated investors and managing senior client relationships
- Knowledge of Exchange Traded Funds market, ETFs usage in portfolio construction process and as financial instruments is an must
- Ability to take account ownership and strategically develop relationships; position investment ideas and other value-added services generating sales and assets
- Strong understanding of capital markets and the Italian banking landscape specifically
- Existing network in the Italian asset managers/asset owner segment is highly desirable
- Outgoing nature who puts client-interest first and likes to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment
- The individual must be an energetic self-starter with professional pride and a commitment to excellence and improvement; she or he is a team player with a “can-do” attitude and a pragmatic flexibility; further, the successful candidate will be organized and entrepreneurial, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English
- University degree required; emphasis on finance or economics preferred
- CFA and/or CAIA would be of advantage but not preconditioned
- Analytical skills necessary to analyse and interpret complex investments product information and determine appropriate response to meet the needs of clients and prospects
- Good research and data management skills
- Excellent PC know-how: MS-Office - Word, Excel, Power Point
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills in Italian and English
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- Confident and experienced public speaker with a high standard of presentation skills
- Proven client service skills
- High energy, motivated individual, with a commitment to excellence
- Friendly, flexible, efficient, reliable
- Extremely strong team player
- Shows initiative and innovation in all situations
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.