Real Estate Tax Manager (M/F) 13 month contract
Real Estate Tax Manager (M/F) 13 month contract Who we're looking for
The Private Assets team at Schroders is looking for an ethusiatic Tax Manager to act as maternity cover for our current Tax Manager. The person we want to find is well organised with a hightent interest in domestic, European and international tax matters, is able to work with a variety of different people, including different professional backgrounds and applies themselves with the same amount of success in both tax consulting and tax compliance matters. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The team
What you'll do
- We are a team of 10 people coming from different cultures and backgrounds, all passionate about Private Assets. Investors we serve are : Pension funds, Banks, Charities and Unit Trusts. We interact with key stakeholders within Schroders departments and entities. We manage the relationships with service providers such as property managers, fiduciaries, custodians, and Tax & Legal advisors.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Procuring tax structuring advice and advising on investment tax structures across a variety of European jurisdictions;
- Reviewing direct tax returns prepared by external tax advisors and accounting firms;
- Preparing FATCA and CRS classifications for new investment entities;
- Reviewing Luxembourg FATCA and CRS annual returns;
- Liaising with the local tax office in respect of assessments, audits and appeals;
- Perform risk assessment in respect of tax issues;
- Acting as the contact person for external tax advisors;
- Review and update department procedures, controls and checklists on a regular basis relating to a wide range of tax matters;
- Ensure all tax filing deadlines are met and investment entities remain tax compliant;
- Assess and communicate impact of new tax developments to the Real Estate team;
- Coach and assist fund controllers in respect of tax related matters;
- Develop knowledge and understanding of transfer pricing concepts and with support and training, establish interest rates on intercompany loans based on asset risk profile, undertake interest rate benchmarking analysis and establish target debt to equity ratios;
- Perform ad-hoc projects and missions including developing solutions for new real estate investment products;
- Reviewing board minutes and being able to provide concise tax updates to the board of managers of any entity in the real estate team, when needed;
- Assessing the reporting obligations of each investment structure from a DAC 6 perspective whenever a new cross-border transaction is undertaken within the real estate team. Maintaining an exhaustive log of all transactions regardless of whether they are considered in scope of DAC 6 or not;
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- A degree in finance, economics, tax law or equivalent;
- An accounting and / or tax professional qualification;
- At least 5 years of experience in tax compliance ideally gained supporting private asset structures including real estate, private equity, private debt and infrastructure debt and equity; and
- Ability to demonstrate relevant technical experience and competencies.
What you'll be like
- Proven technical background and drive to remain up-to-date with regulatory and industry developments;
- Desire to learn and expand knowledge and responsibilities in a dynamic team and major growth area in Schroders worldwide; and
- Excellent written and spoken English with fluency in French or German being a clear advantage.
We hope to find someone with
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Highly professional approach to work;
- Excellent communication and able to work with a wide variety of people; and
- Drive and determination.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age