- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- HSBC France, Luxembourg Branch
Risk Management Officer (Trainee)
- Full time
- 15 Apr 19
Risk Management Officer 6-month internship
HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,526bn at 30th September 2017, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
The HSBC Luxembourg Risk Function is in charge of the anticipation, identification, measurement, monitoring, control and reporting of all the risks to which the Luxembourg Businesses are or may be exposed. In order to strengthen our Risk team, we are looking to recruit a:
Risk Management Officer
The purpose of this role is to support the Risk Function, in particular in its role of building and coordinating the Luxembourg HSBC Risk Management Information and reporting.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the production of risk regulatory reporting.
• Support the production of Risk Management information and committee packs for governance bodies (such as the Risk Committee), for HSBC Luxembourg and at the Group’s level, in line with HSBC governance standards.
• Assist the business to ensure the continuous embedding of the “3 Lines of Defence” and the Operational Risk Management Framework effectiveness in HSBC Luxembourg for a timely and accurate identification, assessment, control and monitoring of the risks in line with the company’s Risk Appetite.
• Support the identification, documentation, reporting and resolution of issues and incidents in line with HSBC standards.
• Support the coordination of local risk policies and training programmes to ensure staff and management awareness.
• Be a Risk ambassador in working groups for the company’s projects and ensure risks are identified, measured and mitigated.
Professional Skills and Experience;
• Student completing a Master degree in Finance.
• A first experience in a banking internship would be an asset.
• Good understanding of banking processes and knowledge of the regulatory landscape.
• Data oriented and analytical minded.
• Ability to work independently, well-organized and autonomous.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel.
• Fluency in English required, French and/or another European language desired.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.