FTI Senior System Analyst
- Posen, Wielkopolskie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 20 May 19
FTI Senior System Analyst
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Sr. Software Analyst is a key contributor to define the design and architecture of technology solution to source, master fund performance and risk and disseminate. In this role, you will work with the Investment Risk, Sales & Marketing, product, and Back Office business group in addition to other technology group to configure processes and facilitate technology delivery and support. To be successful, you will have experience guiding and coordinating the design activities with the development team, executing and testing software configurations, identifying and delivering technology solutions that create business value, isolating and documenting the technical needs of corporate business units, assessing the feasibility of technical solutions, and measuring the success of deployments. You will champion business needs by demonstrating a high level of expertise in corporate business processes and system functionality. On projects, you'll independently drive or contribute to requirement definition and documentation, research, analysis, testing, reporting, training, and communication.
The ideal candidate will have similar experience supporting corporate business groups within the Financial Services industry, will be a fast learner, passionate about high impact projects, and will have superb communication skills. This is a full-time position located in our Poznan office.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior System Analyst?
- Defining system requirements - analyzing, design, and implementation of solutions including business data, processes, application enhancements, interfaces, and reports. You will coordinate the design activities with the development team to finalize the design and develop high and low-level application design artifacts including process flows, data validation and UI design. You will also ensure all technical deliverables are consistent with product and architectural standards & guidelines and create automated test scripts and conducts unit and integration testing.
- Providing production support - troubleshooting, resolving and identifying root cause for unique production issues. You will coordinate release activities, ensuring that audit requirements are met, plan and coordinate implementation activities, general system maintenance, and vendor upgrades, monitor and assess overall system health, capacity, and provide recommendations to management. You will oversee negotiations with vendors to resolve issues and coordination of Disaster Recovery activities.
- Triage and prioritizing business opportunities including: research and facilitating the resolution of business users' functional gaps, implementation of system enhancements that result in increased quality, efficiencies, maintainability and scalability to system. You may gather or create application related reports or metrics such as performance, availability and incident resolution.
- Documenting business functional and technical requirements, including detailed process documentation. You will interpret end-user business requirements to develop and/or modify technical design specifications for product, and downstream applications. You will take care of documentation being kept up-to-date as changes are introduced into the environment.
- Maintaining business relationships and acting as IT liaison during implementation; you may continue as primary vendor contact for application(s) after implementation. You will work with business and technical service owners to identify and put projects on roadmap.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8 years of System Analysis experienced in an Investment Management Systems and Technology IT environment
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant industry experience (active or passive investment management, especially with Investment Performance and Risk domain)
- In-depth knowledge of the data used in the investment security and performance & risk metrics
- Demonstrated ability to create functional & system requirements by directly interfacing with business users
- Ability to understand complex interrelated systems and processing
- Exposure to market data providers and analytical solutions like Bloomberg, Factset, MSCI etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Reporting, MATLAB, C# is a plus
- A good understanding of Agile (Scrum, DAD, and the like) and CMM Waterfall methodologies
- Ability to adapt quickly and easily to changes within the business
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment on larger projects
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include :
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, Multisport Card, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.