Technical Data Steward
- Posen, Wielkopolskie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 23 May 19
Technical Data Steward
At Franklin Templeton, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for you to join our team.
What is the Data Steward Group responsible for?
The Data Steward Group supports the management and fitness of data within FTT by educating and implementing governance policies, best practices, and processes established by the Data Council and Data Governance Office. We work closely with business and technology on an ongoing basis as well as through projects to ensure data is simple to understand, we (as a company) have confidence in our data and there are proper controls around it. Our focus is to document metadata, implement data quality management (by profiling data, conducting gap analysis, assessment, etc.), and ensure that entitlements and usage controls are put in place.
You will support EU GDPR operations and work closely with Data Protection Officer. There are hundreds of applications that require updates, support and maintenance of clients' personal data.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of Technical Assistant?
Data Requirement Analysis & Metadata Management:
- Acts as department lead on moderate-impact, moderate-complexity, and moderate-risk projects for business units or divisions.
- Partners with FTT teams to support design and execution activities.
- Identifies data sources based on profile of discrete data required for solution. Documents discrete data required for solution, capturing details such as meaning, relationships to other data, origin, usage and format, business rules, classifications, risk assignment, calculation logic, history requirements, etc. (business metadata) based on business requirements.
- Ensures successful and timely delivery of output with high quality, in accordance with client's needs and expectations.
- Analyzes impact of potential changes to data against FTT managed systems.
- Analyzes profiling results across multiple systems to identify and report data anomalies. Defines profiling conditions across dimensions (data set, domain, application, and line of business). Identifies impacts and recommends potential process improvements to Business and FTT to improve data quality.
- Defines, documents, and supports creation of data quality monitoring and reporting requirements and rules based on business defined data quality needs.
- Supports all data domains.
- Provides support and is acknowledged as department resource for a single data domain.
- Explains stewardship services and value in non-technical terms.
- Provides checkpoint reviews for artifacts such as data mapping and data profiling with junior staff and contractors #Li-POL
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- 5-8 years related experience (in data related projects preferred)
- Educational background in engineering/business administration etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Analytical / Data Visualization Tools (Greenplum preferred)
- Solid experience working with databases; good understanding of database structure, data life cycles
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills a must
- Basic understanding on Data Governance & Stewardship
- High level understanding of Data Protection Regulations like EU GDPR and/Or BCBS 239
- Good knowledge of RDBMS/SQL
- Conceptual knowledge of Capital Markets and/Or Asset Management
- Proficiency in English
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include :
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, Multisport Card, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.