Full-stack Developer - Resiliency Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Resiliency Engineering is a global team leading engineering on resiliency through consistent, unified global governance, data driven metrics monitoring and modern automation techniques. Resilience has been defined as the ability of firms, financial market infrastructures (FMIs), and the financial sector as a whole to prevent, adapt, respond to, recover and learn from operational disruptions The team is primarily responsible for providing resilience linkage and visibility of important business services to respond to operational disruptions. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Testing background familiar with Chaos testing and other testing frameworks
• Hands-on role developing software and functionality to be used across the firm
• Produce high quality software - tested, conformant to engineering best practices, and exposes the principles that QAE upholds
• Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse multi-disciplined team
• Leverage modern practices to develop software iteratively
• Motivated, self-organised and have good time & work management skills
• Have an analytical mindset, with the confidence and ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
• Ability to gather requirements, design and build functionality
• Appreciate and expose Agile principles and practices such as TDD, clean code and continuous delivery SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Knowledge of Chaos testing and other testing frameworks.
• Java 8 experience including lambdas and streaming collections and a Good knowledge of java libraries, for example, Jersey, Jackson, Guava and Apache-Commons is an advantage
• Experience using relational database such as PostgreSQL
• Developing Dropwizard/Spring Boot or React applications and managing them in a production environment.
• Excellent Communication, Influencing, Relationship building skills.
• Passionate about improving Software Quality and driving best practices.
• Experience with Agile Development methodology.
• Ability to write Python scripts for automation and ad-hoc tasks preferable
• Experience with Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka an advantage ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.