Strategic Research Initiatives
The function of Strategic Research Initiatives (SRI) is to encourage and catalyze research across the GIC in investible long-term themes, including follow-up into investment actions at the right time. While recognizing that many of these themes are best researched by bottoms-up teams, SRI would function as a research post for themes that may not be adequately covered or immediately actionable. SRI also works closely with the EIS (Economics & Investment Strategy) department and external resources in understanding macroeconomic & policy backdrops relevant to the themes. SRI’s aim is to impact the overall GIC portfolio through actions taken up by bottoms-up GIC teams and investment committees. SRI currently sits within the CEO’s Office and reports to the Group Chief Investment Officer.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join SRI as an Assistant Vice President, to be based in Singapore.
• Research into themes generated from both top-down and bottoms-up approaches. Use available internal & external resources, across different asset classes & regions, and collaborate with internal teams to understand exposure/positioning at the GIC level.
• Generate summaries & investment recommendations based on synthesis of both the research and internal collaboration. Present findings at various forums and encourage / help implementation of the ideas across the GIC portfolio.
• Help systematize SRI efforts through creation of a tech platform where various investment professionals and management can contribute, monitor key metrics & progresses, and archive research & results to further enable institutionalization.
• Competency in business analyses & financial modeling and ability to learn new subject matters quickly in order to generate effective/efficient research conclusions and action plans.
• Investor mindset with high interpersonal & communication skills in working with many different teams and perspectives.
• Self-driven and disciplined – need to work independently and be able to sift through a large amount of materials under time sensitivity at times.