About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
You will be responsible for client service and delivery for clients within our Global Fund Services ('GFS') business. You will act as Offshore Client Service Delivery Manager ('CSDM') - the regional senior contact - for our global franchise clients with an Asian nexus. You will act as a senior client contact in Asia across all applicable GFS services including Custody, Fund Accounting, and Transfer Agency. The Offshore CSDM role requires working alongside the Relationship Manager, facilitating efforts of the service team leaders and internal stakeholders, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns and needs to partners. Responsibilities also includes coordinating thought leadership to clients on industry trends, distribution in APAC and EMEA markets, and supporting sales in any cross-border opportunities. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Acts as the senior client contact representing all applicable product disciplines, and provides for escalation on client queries and issue resolution. Responsible for identifying and addressing service issues as and when they arise
- Partners with Relationship Manager/s and ensures issues are communicated and escalated in a timely manner both internally and directly with the client(s)
- Provide support for Relationship Manager tasks such as call reporting, KYC requirements, at risk reporting, issues reporting, relationship plans, client survey administration and oversight, etc.
- Responsible for managing client service reviews, SLA performance and due diligence visits within each of the key product areas (Custody, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency or Middle Office Outsourcing).
- Review, approve and ensure timely publication of monthly reporting to consultants/clients including KPI levels
- Responsible for overall project planning for key clients, inclusive of ensuring all relevant internal and external parties are aware of ongoing projects and are held responsible for meeting their respective deliverables.
- Execution of strategic projects and initiatives of the business and functional activities
- Attend and contribute to internal and external client service reviews
- Supports Relationship Managers and Sales in cross-border RFP and sales opportunities
- Attends industry conferences, networking events, webinars and symposiums to represent Northern Trust, gather market information and business leads.
- Researches and stays informed on distribution trends across EMEA and APAC markets. Shares industry thought leadership and white papers, including coordinating relevant distribution SMEs meetings for clients and prospects.
- Carries out the most complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues
- Consistently displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the rest of the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Ability to face off with client's C-Suite of large global asset managers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Technical knowledge of asset management and/or fund accounting usually acquired through related work experience is required to manage overall client service
- Knowledge of general finance and portfolio management concepts usually acquired through formal education or experience is needed to consult on client needs.
- Transfer agency / investor services experience is preferred
- Cross border fund distribution and/or UCITS knowledge is beneficial
- Skills in negotiation, delegating, leadership are necessary to service the client relationship
- In-depth functional / industry knowledge is required
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
Working with Us:
- Extensive experience in client servicing and/or related investment management outsourcing and fund administration management accounting/operations
- A College or University degree and/or general finance and portfolio management knowledge through proven work experience is required
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.