About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Serves as the primary contact for investment management firms or client investment managers. Requires technical or other specific training or equivalent experience. Performs tasks and duties according to established procedures. Proficiency attained through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Takes a broad perspective to problems
Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Likely to act as an informal resource for colleague with less experience The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provides solutions to problems based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less experience.
- Acts as the primary contact for investment management firms on day to day operational needs relating to clients' accounts
- Communicate issues and recommend solutions directly to investment managers, clients, and partners. Work efficiently to resolve client/IM requests.
- Monitors overall account status. Assesses impact of certain transactions on total account relationship.
- Coordinates daily contact with Investment Managers regarding client account activities. Informs managers of any exceptions and proposed steps for resolutions.
- Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements and service delivery
- Researches and resolves processing inquiries and facilitates or prepares correcting entries including reversals and rejects.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures and assists in updating as needed in order to help identify, assess, monitor, and control risk.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
Working with Us:
- A broad understanding of the job and applies skills and knowledge in a range of processes, procedures and systems
Being part of a team to accomplish team objectives #TEAM
- Attaining strong communication skills - verbal and written.
- Having transferable skills and being tech savvy (e.g Excel, Macro )
- Keen on research (e.g. markets, products)
- High adaptability to changes and has experience working effectively within a global organization/environment
- Degree within Finance or Business or diploma holders with relevant experience
- Knowledge in general custody and middle office would be preferable
- We welcome candidates with Fund Accounting experience
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.