Dev Ops Engineer, Associate / Analyst
Description About this role What is Aladdin?
The Aladdin® product unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real-time at every step in the investment process. Aladdin enables organizations to communicate better, work smarter, see clearer, and move faster in a changing landscape. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making and create connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide. What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, the largest investment management firm in the world is the Aladdin Product Group. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry's thought leaders to build innovative and forward-looking products that shape the financial markets. The Aladdin Product Group creates next-generation technology that changes the way information, people, and technology intersect for global investment firms. We build and package tools that manage trillions in assets, support millions of financial instruments and their risk calculations and process millions of financial transactions for thousands of users every day worldwide. Business Overview:
The Production Operations Group is responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environments for all BlackRock businesses (including subsidiaries and BlackRock Solutions clients) acting as a first responder relative to trouble-shooting, problem resolution, and escalation. The scope of responsibility covers business-critical batch workloads, real-time / interactive processing, data transfer services, application on-boarding and upgrades, and recovery procedures. The Group provides continuous (7x24x365) on-site and On-Call support from multiple locations around the globe. Additional responsibilities include developing more cost effective and predictable methods for supporting a growing technology infrastructure and working with internal Development Groups to manage application changes as they are released to production environments.
Collaborating with skilled professionals across the globe and managing a broad range of technologies and applications, the Production Operations Group delivers service quality and excellence through teamwork, innovating operational processes, and being part of the One BlackRock culture Role Responsibility
- Problem Determination/Resolution: Supporting and troubleshooting both batch processing and interactive user applications to ensure the high availability of the Aladdin Environment
- Flexibility: Is able to handle multiple issues from multiple users and prioritize in terms of criticality, which to focus and resolve first. Also, being able to manage and cope with critical outage scenarios, whether planned (Disaster Recovery Tests) or unplanned.
- Communications: Engage in clear and concise communications both verbally and in writing. Effectively interacts on command bridges and calls to ensure all global team members are constantly informed.
- Project Management and Analysis: Ability to plan and execute projects working collaboratively with end users (which may include Development teams and business-side managers) is useful.
- Toolset Development: Create, maintain and enhance system tools and applications that make the team and our platform more efficient.
- Uses various tools to conduct analysis on system performance, root cause diagnostics, and systems'/applications' design to understand and improve the operating quality of production environments
Exposure to, or an interest in, Linux, Middleware technologies (e.g. FIX, SWIFT, MQ, Kafka), application support (JBOSS, Apache) or Big Data concepts and technologies administration (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, Kubernetes, Splunk, Zookeeper)
- Agile development skills including GIT, CI/CD, Java, Python or a similar development language
- Provide laser like client focus and emotional ownership in providing a fully stable, secure, resilient and scalable platform
- Create opportunities to integrate and automate operational processes, procedures and tooling
- Be curious and flexible, pay keen attention to detail, use critical thinking and drive innovation
- Continually learn new technologies
- Scale technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Be part of a team in a fast-paced environment where the best idea wins, no matter who comes up with it
- A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, Technology, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar
- 3 - 7 years of industry experience in an operations / engineering role
- Experience in a technology role, not necessarily financial services
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and take ownership of the deliveries
- Ability to work with teams across geography
- Strong quantitative skills with good knowledge of mathematics is desirable
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and strong work ethics
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
Any combination of the below will be considered relevant & Expertise in one or more programming or scripting language
- AWS / Azure / GCP / Docker / Kubernetes / Zookeeper
- Swift / Fix / MQ / Storm / Kafka
- ELK stack / Splunk / Hadoop
- TREP / Bloomberg SAPI / Cognos / Geneos
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.