Manage the Global Security Operations Team and interface to Customers for all Operational security issues.Reporting directly to the Global Head of Security Practice (CISO), this role will manage the current Cyber-SOC team located in APAC and the future expansion of this to other geographical locations.
- Manage local SOC and operational teams as practice grows through regional SOC Team Leads.
Must have managed global teams in matrix organizations, ideally for more than 3 years, with total work experience to exceed 10 years.
Must have experience of working in a Security Operations Center, delivering 24x7 services for more than 3 years.
Work closely with security architects in Build Team to ensure existing and new services can be efficiently operated; work closely with Service Delivery team to ensure smooth handover from delivery to operations; work closely with Infrastructure and Business IT teams to ensure all internal services and those operated for customers are securely managed by industry good to best practice levels
- Develop people, teams and the IT organization to realize a higher level of performance, success, and strategic Business partnership
- Define, measure and monitor KPIs for team members and services.
- This role is accountable for the management of all security alerts for both company and customer. All security tools will be managed and operated by this team and all security alerts will be detected, managed and responded to.
- This role will ensure that there is a Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) in place to measure, monitor and improve all processes and tools.
- The role is critical to helping secure company information assets, meet industry regulations, ensure applications are developed securely, infrastructure is secured with best practices and security tools are efficiently utilized.
- Ensure SOC is always audit ready and achieves and maintains industry standard certificates such as ISO27001. Aim is to achieve a Security Maturity Index of greater than 3.2
- Work with Build Team to ensure all operational activities are defined to be efficient and functional without gaps through which security incidents could be undetected or unmanaged
- Work closely with Customer Success Managers to ensure that customers are regularly informed of their security posture as well as regularly meet customers for quarterly review sessions with their executives. Assist customers with security investigations and incident management
- Serves as operational security expert for all security related questions from team, Business IT, management and executives and customers.
- Strongly promote and advocate good Security principles and practices.
- Recognize and leverage formal and informal opportunities for Security Operations to positively influence IT strategy, operations, organization, and processes enterprise-wide.
- Aligns security governance with architecture governance and project/portfolio management.
- Must be comfortable presenting to C-Level and articulating highly complex security topics for executives and board members to understand.
Expert knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
Experience on presenting root cause analysis reports on security incidents to executives.