Software Engineer Manager - Seccl
At Seccl , we're rebuilding the infrastructure of investments and advice.
We provide the vital technology that empowers forward-thinking, entrepreneurial advisers and wealth managers to build the efficient, customer-centric businesses of the future. Powered by Seccl, they can grow more quickly, expand into new and exciting areas and deliver a better experience for their customers.
And we help fintechs to realise their ambitions, by providing plug-and-play access to financial markets. With us at their core, they can build innovative investment or advice solutions on top of our technology quickly and cheaply.
We are part of the Octopus Group - an innovative group of companies that's on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services. We want to change both these industries for the better, to reinvent them the way they should be, improving the lives of millions of people. How can you help?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Engineering Manager to help scale our Engineering function at an exciting time in our growth. You will do this by building strong Product teams by supporting their developers and processes. You will play a key role in the continued development of our strong, psychologically safe Engineering culture of continual learning, trust, empowerment and experimentation are at the heart. It is unlikely that you will be hands-on with code but you will need enough technical experience to contribute to technical discussions and be able to empathise with the technical team. Job Description What will you be doing?
Qualifications Who are we looking for?
- Building and enabling great Product teams through personal development and line management of engineers.
- Ensuring we have the right technical skills in the team to tackle the challenges the business is solving.
- Recruiting and onboarding.
- Working closely with Product Managers and other key stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of value to our clients.
- Championing a culture of strong modern engineering, agile and quality practices such as automated testing and small, frequent deploys to production.
- Working with Head of Engineering and other senior stakeholders to deliver cross-team initiatives that contribute to our foundations for growth and success such as training, process improvement, tech blogs.
- Contribute and develop appropriate KPIs and metrics that enable teams to continually improve.
Additional Information How do we work?
- You'll be someone who loves to develop engineers and their teams and create an enabling environment for them to thrive.
- Is experienced at working with high performing engineering teams that deliver high quality value.
- Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level as well as the detail
- Is comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing and improving development environment.
- Can work with stakeholders across the breadth and depth of the business to influence change, enable or unblock issues.
- Has strong communication and leadership skills
- Is a curious and continuous learner who develops themselves as well as others
- Love to build great products with scale, security, resilience and a great customer experience.
We're a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We're based in the historic City of Bath, a stone's throw from the train station. (Literally. You could hit it from our office.) And the vital statistics?
Like what you see? Just send your CV to email@example.com and our Head of People, Rebecca, will be in touch
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- 25 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
- Pension & life assurance