Software Engineer III
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Software Engineer III engineers secure scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CME in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
• Develop code and unit tests.
• Participates and contributes to dialogue on detailed design and architecture plans.
• Applies knowledge of java language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in independently designing and developing key services.
• Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defect.
• Participates in story review, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
• Works well in a team, fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation.
• Plays supporting role in white box test case identification sessions to establish high level consensus on test case sets for corresponding stories.
• Participates in troubleshooting efforts, proposing potential fixes and workarounds.
• Provides 3rd Line Support for applications and services.
• Assists with environment build deployments, release notes, and build notices.
• Participates in continuous improvement efforts by suggesting practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
• Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
• Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/but substantial relevant experience could substitute
• Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is a big advantage.
• S trong core Java development skills
• Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Patterns
• Continuous Intgration and Build management
• Source Control - Git etc
• UNIX, Python, other scripting tools development
• Market Data Experience / Big Data processing / Data Analytics
• Spring Boot
• Cloud Development - AWS / GCP. Azure
• Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
• Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
• Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
• Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
• Code Security - Fortify, Sonar, Coverity experience.