- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17
Senior Business Analyst – IFRS17
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomOver the years, Moody's Analytics has been developing award-winning solutions and developed a large global client footprint in this insurance market segment. IFRS17 is a strategic initiative which necessitates an investment in resources to create another success story.
The successful candidate will be a key member of our product management team dedicated to delivering a comprehensive IFRS 17 solution.
This role involves a blend of IFRS knowledge, business analyst skills, effective communication and frequent client interaction. The ideal candidate must have previous experience with IFRS17 or other financial reporting processes within insurance companies. A background in working directly with actuarial, finance and risk management functions will be highly beneficial. The candidate must also have experience with software development processes.
The position presents a great opportunity for highly motivated individuals with to join a highly visible growth initiative with a leading company in the market.
Some potential travel may be required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Involved in the design of product features and documentation of product specifications for our IFRS17 solution
- Contribute to the definition and development of the overall IFRS17 solution
- Strengthen the IFRS17 knowledge center at Moody's Analytics
- Interact with Software Engineering teams in an Agile software development environment
- When required, support the Moody's Analytics sales team with prospective and existing clients, as well as potential participation at industry conferences
Within MA, the Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) Division offers to Institutions a wide range of software, analytics and consultative solutions to help risk management staff understand, measure, and manage risk within an enterprise risk context. The ERS group is composed of experienced consultants working with and drawing on the insight and expertise of our world-class analytics technology, data, software as well as market experience.
- Professional accounting, actuarial, computer science qualifications and/or experience related to IFRS would be a plus
Skills and Experience
- Have a good understanding financial reporting process requirements, analysis and methodologies
- Highly experienced as a business analyst
- Ability to efficiently communicate complex ideas (internally and externally)
- Innovative approach to solving issues and problems
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with clients/prospects and the internal organization
- Team player with the ability or potential to lead others
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Knowledge of actuarial modelling platforms would be advantageous
- Strong work ethic, and professional and personable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.