Assistant General Counsel
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Feb 19
Assistant General Counsel
The Role: Assistant General Counsel
Department: Market Intelligence Legal
Grade: 12 ( for internal purposes only )
Location: London, Canary Wharf
Role Summary: S&P Global Market Intelligence ("SPGMI") is seeking a commercially-minded lawyer to join its Legal team as an Assistant General Counsel based in London, focusing primarily on negotiating and drafting commercial contracts primarily with clients. The individual will provide legal advice and support for sales and support activities in Europe, including |Russia and the CIS States, Middle East, Africa, Pakistan and India. This position requires the ability to manage the competing time sensitive demands of the sales and business organization while adhering to laws, policies and procedures governing the business and the contract process .
• Negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial contracts including service agreements, distribution agreements, customer contracts, software licenses, amendments, order forms, consultancy agreements, and marketing agreements.
• Working directly with internal and external clients in the contract negotiation process, including ensuring that sales and business comply with laws, company's processes and guidelines.
• Undertaking legal reviews of tenders, data/software vendor agreements.
• Developing, updating and maintaining various boilerplates/standard forms.
• Delivering legal and best practice training to the business.
• Providing general legal advice and support to SPGMI divisions (both client facing and back office teams).
• Working with legal colleagues globally, in Europe, Middle East Africa, Russia, Asia-Pacific and the United States, on legal initiatives and projects.
• Participating in the development and implementation of corporate wide policies, compliance, process governance and controls and strategies.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Solicitor (UK qualified) with 4+ years of PQE in drafting, negotiating and advising upon and drafting commercial agreements in either law firm or in-house legal position (in-house experience desirable).
• Preferably experience in a commercial role in Financial Services.
• Strong interpersonal, organisational, and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple and commercial manner.
• Works regularly with region/business executives and senior management. May have outreach responsibilities including development of outreach strategy.
• Pro-active and the ability to think outside the box in order to provide solutions.
• Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks, and work to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of French or German language is desirable.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence - we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.