Fund Accounting and Operations Role for a Boutique Asset Manager
Core Fund Accounting:
- Assist with the day to day shadow NAV production across all funds.
- Dealing with administrators, custodians, execution brokers, auditors and other third- party providers.
- Cash and position reconciliations to third parties.
- Income and expense processing and reconciliation.
- Calculating performance fees.
- Processing dividend accruals on ex-date.
- Trade matching and settlement.
- Proxy voting.
- Corporate actions.
- Analysing daily fund returns and investigating discrepancies where necessary.
- Completing daily and monthly checklists.
- Assisting with regulatory reporting, when required.
- Monthly net asset value reconciliations to administrators.
- Monthly client reporting.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly fee invoices.
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Managing projects as and when required.
- Maintenance of the PROXYEDGE database
- Liaise with the Investment team on voting instructions
- Prepare ad hoc reports on voting records for clients
- Daily monitoring of all shareholding positions
- Threshold reporting to regulators and to the investment tea
- 4 years’ fund accounting and operations experience.
- Educated to a degree level in a finance related subject.
- Understanding of nav. production and operations.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills.
- High quality and accuracy in fund operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in working across a variety of tasks.
- Self-motivated with evidence of being able to work with limited supervision.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Team-focused, effective working with others.
- Applications will only be accepted via post to Lorraine Smyth, Phoenix Asset Management Partners, 64-66 Glentham Road, Barnes, London, SW13 9JJ. Please carefully consider the location of the office before applying.
- Applications should include a CV and detailed covering letter explaining why the opportunity is of interest.
- Applications without a covering letter, or those submitted via email will not be considered.