The role will support the Global private and public markets on both fund finance, technical accounting and controls aspects of the Funds. The business are based in the City and work on a hybrid basis 2 or 3 days a week in the office. You must have right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Role within the Investment Segment Finance team working with the Senior Investment Controller in delivering technical accounting and commercial analysis across private market and public market assets.
Your responsibility will also include providing coaching to the Investment Finance Controller to help them deliver high-quality work and supporting their development.
You will develop and maintain highly positive and productive working relationships each of the Investment teams, Fund Boards, accounting, legal, compliance, client service, and service vendors (Fund Administrator and Auditor). Experience with IFRS and controls reporting as well as understanding deal structures and have experience of dealing with the deal teams.
Core activities will include:
- Subject matter expert on private market activities – FRS102 accounting requirement, understanding legal structure and commercial impact across all deals
- To be familiar with and keep abreast of latest accounting and company law requirements and ensure applied correctly across our investments.
- Representing finance at Private Market Investment Committee and new deal kick-off meetings, ensuring the wider finance are aware of pipeline deals and all finance matters are identified and resolved before deal sign-off by the Senior Investment Controller.
- Manage the maintenance of the investment deal library ensuring each investment has a manual providing understanding of legal structure, accounting and valuation impact
Reporting and analysis:
- Manage the preparation of performance analysis and provide commercial insight on quarterly Scheme returns and quarterly embedded fees.
- Managing the resolution of ad-hoc requests for information / solutions providing informed financial and commercial insight to senior management to support decision making.
- Ownership of the preparation of the three-year plan and quarterly forecasts and reporting for Scheme embedded management and performance fees in relation to externally managed funds.
- Support the Group Financial Reporting team with the quarterly and annual Scheme accounts providing insight into all investment matters with a particular focus on the preparation/review of Financial Instrument and Risk note disclosures for the Scheme’s annual accounts, ensuring all transaction in the period are correctly recorded.
- Provide coaching to Investment Accounting and Reporting team to help improve their knowledge on investment deals and new/changes to accounting requirements.
- Provide support and review of quarterly and annual SPV accounts produced by Investment Accounting and Reporting.
Salary range in the 90-100k level with some flexibility, 28 days holiday. competitive bonus and generous benefits also.