Data Governance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 17 Feb 19
Data Governance Analyst
22 February 2019
£38,169 - £42,410
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Unable to Offer Agile Options
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) recognises that data is a significant business differentiator for financial services companies. Across the banking industry Data Management is receiving increased attention and focus and LBG is looking to drive a more sophisticated approach to how it manages data to support transformation and digitisation of the business, and the ability to optimise interactions with customers. Data Management includes a range of disciplines that lead to trusted, well understood data, including Data Strategy & Innovation, Data Governance, Data Quality Management, Metadata Management.
Data Governance is one of the key disciplines that LBG is looking to embed. It is about driving and embedding the right environment from a control but also cultural perspective.
The Data Governance Analyst role with the Chief Data Data Office is responsible for driving and embedding the right environment from a control but also cultural perspective. In this role, you'll be responsible for supporting the Chief Data Governance function and operating governance processes. You will attend relevant forums and working groups to provide Data Governance advice and analysis activity to support the embedding of Data Management.
With a background in governance and running operational processes, it would be desirable if you also had experience in Data Governance and an awareness of other Data Management disciplines, including Data Quality, Data Architecture and Metadata.
You'll also need to have excellent written communication skills and be able to work closely with stakeholders.
BEHAVIOURS AND COMPETENCIES
The Data Governance Analyst has an important role to play in delivering the company's new 'data' culture. The role holder should display the following qualities
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Works proactively and effectively with colleagues to solve business problems
- Communication and Engagement - Able to tell the story of data management in a way that is understood by colleagues of different backgrounds, and motivates them to take action
- Data Analytics - Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Business Requirements Analysis - The ability to and skill to understand business need and assess the impacts of change
- Operational & Conduct - Understands operational risk and can identify and articulate the risks posed by lack of data management control
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in at least one data management discipline (Data Quality, data modelling, data strategy, Data Governance)
- Ability work with colleagues with a range of backgrounds
- Experience of delivering data management solutions
- Experience of analysing data and drawing conclusions
- Experience of working with data management technology solutions
- Acts as a source of expertise for data governance.
- Supports Data Governance forums and manages processes for ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of data issues.
- Support on critical data assessment processes.
- Support interpretation of data management standards across business areas and change programmes.
- Support Data Policy adoption working with Business Unit Control Functions to oversee risk and control testing.
- Support data communities providing data governance operations analysis to support data management embedding.
- Report on the progress of data domain standards and governance across the Group.
- Coordinate processes for monitoring and measuring data across the Group and aggregate related reporting this in line with Chief Data Office processes.
- Attend relevant Data bodies to represent data governance as required.
- Build and maintain a cross functional internal network to optimise business results within data governance.
- Embed a culture of data through appropriate communication channels.
OTHER CAPABILITIES SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE
- Some understanding of data management and how data can support the overall service to customers and delivery of business objectives
- Understanding of how data can support the overall service to customers and delivery of the Group's business objectives
- Appreciation of regulatory compliance and management of data related risks.
- Appreciation of how data is used in the business and what are the most critical types of data
- Some of data management disciplines - Data Quality, Data Architecture, Metadata management.
- Excellent communication skills, with proven ability to effectively communicate ideas, proposals, issues and implications
- Demonstrated ability to analysis and assess processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Is emotionally resilient in difficult situations and able to drive collaboration and alignment in an environment of multiple priorities
- Ability to build strong working relationships with your peers
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.