Data Governance Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 17 Feb 19
Data Governance Senior Manager
1 March 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£59,700 - £79,600
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
The Data Governance Senior Manager role with the Divisional Data Office is responsible for driving and embedding the right environment from a control but also cultural perspective. As a leader for data governance in this role, you'll be responsible for evaluating, reviewing and embedding data policies, risk and control processes and monitoring these. You will lead our divisional data governance forums and working groups and provide Data Governance consultancy across your business area to support the embedding of Data Management.
An experienced Data professional with a background in Data Governance, you'll need to have an awareness of other Data Management disciplines, including Data Quality, Data Architecture and Metadata.
You'll also need to have an extensive track record of building strong collaborative relationships at all levels, simplifying complexity, and managing risk. And you must also have proven ability of managing stakeholders, including having the ability and gravitas to interact and influence senior management across the Group.
The Data Governance Senior Manager has an important role to play in delivering the company's new 'data' culture. The role holder should display the following qualities
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Works proactively and effectively with colleagues to solve business problems
- Business architecture - Defines a common vocabulary to facilitate change towards the business of the future
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving - Approaches problems in a pragmatic way, identifies root causes and draws logical conclusions to develop solutions
- Coaching - Inspires colleagues to maximise their potential
- Domain and Product knowledge - Understands Lloyds products and how customers interact with them, and how this generates data that is used by the business
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in Data Governance discipline of Data Management
- Experience in Financial Services or large Corporate environments
- Experience in Risk Management
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Experience of working in dynamic, cross functional and multi discipline teams
- Can translate between business and technical impacts and requirements
- Ability work with colleagues with a range of backgrounds, including business, technical and risk
- Experience of delivering data management solutions
- Experience of working with data management technology solutions
- Acts as a senior source of expertise for data governance.
- Set and refresh the Data Management Policy - Evaluate, review, investigate, challenge and on policies and processes to evolve the Data Management Policy
- Monitor and report compliance with the Policy
- Identifies, escalates and mitigates emerging risks to the Policy as appropriate
- Responsible for supporting senior governance committees or working groups, including secretarial responsibilities.
- Operate data governance processes including data role appointments and issue escalation processes
- Design and report on data governance progress through implementation of relevant dashboards
- Supports data owners through training and technical support
- Support Divisions to rollout and assign Divisional data roles
- Provide data governance consultancy to projects and BAU teams across the Group to support data management embedding.
- Build and maintain a cross functional internal network to optimise business results within area of specialism.
- Develops and implements processes to deliver overall objectives of the Chief Data Office
- Oversee and attend relevant Divisional bodies to represent data governance.
- Build and maintain a cross functional internal network to optimise business results within data governance.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.