FTC Ratings Support Specialist
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Feb 19
FTC Ratings Support Specialist
Ratings Support Specialist - S&P Ratings Services
This role will be responsible for performing operational tasks throughout the rating process. This includes creating, managing and processing ratings related data and supporting analysts' compliance with required processes and procedures with a particular emphasis on ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of the ratings information and its dissemination to the marketplace.
- Performs operational tasks such as setting up workflow system jobs, managing interactions with commercial teams, and compiling / quality checking committee papers.
- Extracts data from internal and external documentation and accurately enters data and content into required systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness in accordance with pre-defined targets.
- Validates ratings information in systems and publications prior to rating release.
- Under supervision, performs tasks in support of the process for ancillary services. These tasks include: ensuring appropriate commercial documentation has been received, initiating and closing workflow jobs, and performing quality checks to ensure compliance.
- Supports ongoing records management activities and information gathering for audits / reviews as required.
The Impact: The individual will demonstrate analytical excellence alongside robust writing skills and the ability to present S&P's views in front of external audiences. The candidate will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the quality and timeliness of our analytics particularly within the U.K.
The Career Opportunity: This is a visible role in the organization that will involve significant engagement with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
The Team / The Business: The successful candidate will be part of the Operations global team and will work alongside sector specialists and the wider ratings business
- Educated to degree level in a relevant business related field.
- Strong analytical experience along with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts. Knowledge of S&P analytical tools and research techniques considered an advantage.
- Excellent numerical skills and a detail orientated approach with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, fluid environment while performing multiple tasks and ensuring high quality, error free output.
- Strong technical skills with Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
ABOUT S&P GLOBAL
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors, pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency