- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 11 Dec 17
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Market Rate
- Full time
Recruitment Specialist – Entry Level Programmes (Fixed Term Contract)
Team Overview The Human Resources team is responsible for ensuring that Schroders maximises its investment in people. It does this through the development and implementation of initiatives, policies and practices that attract, develop, and retain high quality employees in order to achieve business objectives in
The Human Resources team is responsible for ensuring that Schroders maximises its investment in people. It does this through the development and implementation of initiatives, policies and practices that attract, develop, and retain high quality employees in order to achieve business objectives in line with our values and stated vision.
The Recruitment team is responsible for managing the entire recruitment lifecycle for trainees, apprentices, interns, placements, graduates and experienced hires. We focus on the delivery of a high quality recruitment service that recruits talent in a cost effective and timely manner. Reporting into the Head of Resourcing, this role will manage firm-wide recruitment for all entry level talent programmes including the trainee, apprentice, intern, placement and graduate programmes and will act as a member of the wider recruitment team. This role is also responsible for the line management of an entry level talent programmes recruitment co-ordinator.
Overview of role
The Recruitment Specialist – Entry Level Programmes provides a quality recruitment service to the business as a whole ensuring that high standards are adopted and executed across all elements of entry level talent recruitment. In this role you will be responsible for the end to end design and management of all entry level talent programmes recruitment, dedicated to providing an efficient, high quality and client focused service. You will be responsible for recruitment and management of all entry level talent programmes, including Graduates, Interns, Placements, Apprentices and Trainees. You will manage the annual cycle of all programmes covering attraction, selection and on-boarding.
A key part of the role is defining resourcing requirements with Senior Managers and HR Business Partners along with establishing effective relationships with target universities and external providers. Other key aspects of the role are defining and implementing an effective talent attraction strategy and campaign for all entry level programmes, as well as designing and managing the delivery of an efficient and effective selection process according to business and programme requirements. You will also be responsible for coordinating with global HR teams to support non-UK based graduate recruitment is an important aspect of the role.
In addition, the role requires the management of an effective diversity strategy as part of all recruitment activity that is undertaken and will require the need to provide data and prepare management information for standard and ad hoc reports.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrable success in graduate recruitment working in house as a graduate recruiter
- Experience in building great working relationships with senior stakeholders, Global HR/recruitment teams, hiring managers and candidates.
- Experience of organising large events with multiple organisations and individuals
- Flexibility to attend evening and out of hours events as required
- Experience of using analysis to agree clear action plans internally or with other parties
- Experience of planning and running assessment centres and selection events
- Experience must have been gained within a fast-paced service focussed, client or account management, target driven business environment
- Proactive, flexible and a team player
- Solid IT skills, especially Microsoft office. Previous experience of working with recruitment portals and ATS tools and technologies.
- Results focused
- Experience of psychometric testing
- A mind-set of continuous improvement, working hard to stay up to date with industry best practice and proactively engages with external forums
- Seeks to innovate and deliver effective return on investment in all recruitment strategies undertaken in order to build best in class entry level talent programmes
- Natural problem solver
- Able to work without constant direct supervision in line with pre-agreed deliverables
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- 'Can Do' attitude
- Pays attention to detail and accuracy
- Understands and implements processes with the ability to question keeping the end goal of process in mind
- Good level of numeracy
- Appreciates and understands the need with confidentiality in dealing with all HR and recruitment issues
- Demonstrable curiosity and passion to learn about Asset Management/ Financial Services
- Excellent Client Services skills