Robotics Sr Technical Integration Manager - Advanced Technology
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking an experienced and technology oriented Engineering - Robotics Sr. Technical Integration Manager, Advanced Technology, to drive innovation and develop breakthrough technologies within the EU Team of Advanced Technology. Successful candidates will have strong experience in leading teams driving on-site integration, commissioning and start-up of new technologies under development in the mechatronics area. Examples of technologies include robotic cells, autonomous vehicles, sortation machines and automatic packing.
The Sr. Integration Manager:
• leads, coaches, trains and grows a team of integration engineers
• removes road-blocks, helps in case of escalations, seeks leadership direction
• coordinates multiple stake-holders during the preparation and execution of on-site activities for new technologies
• ensures the safe, on-quality, on-cost, on-time execution of on-site testing, commissioning, acceptance testing, start-up and hand-over to local teams across all programs managed by the team
• facilitates communication across different parties to debug and resolve problems at their root, managing punch-lists, tracking progress and communicating status
• understands the fundamental electrical and mechanical constraints
• consistently follows engineering best practices and where possible drives their adoption.
• demonstrates a pragmatic and hands-on mindset, to get problems fixed in the ground.
• demonstrates a Think Big mindset and has a high travel flexibility, to lead testing activities across all European Sites
The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, modeling, equipment and technology. This leader will work in strict collaboration with WW Engineering, EU Engineering, Equipment Vendors, Software Developers and Procurement. The Sr. Integration Manager will drive an invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the innovations and initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Work with internal Amazon teams and external vendors to deliver innovations, technology development and CAPEX projects to win business:
• Lead overall end-to-end schedule and budget for equipment technology development to move through ideation, development, conceptual design, detail design, testing and on-site implementation, focusing on the latter stage of start-up.
• Have proven experience in successfully leading a team of engineers
• Have proven experience to project/program manage mechanical - robotics - logistics - packing equipment working with equipment suppliers, laboratories and manufacturing plants. Specific focus on the testing phase.
• Conduct multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables.
• Coordinates and facilitates technical design reviews with multiple stake-holders.
• Share regular reports and actions tracking status
• Lead and influence x-functional teams of technology oriented Engineers and Engineering Contractors.
• Understand technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
• Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
• Work in close collaboration with World Wide Engineering and Global Robotics, working across multiple time zones.
• Coordinate information between various teams in the organization and work very closely with the Ops Engineering, Real Estate, IT and Operations.
• Lead Value Engineering work to minimize CAPEX spending.
• Ability to understand Operational processes and hands-on experience.
• Flexibility to travel up to 50-70% across Europe.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
• PMP certification
• Proven technical leadership experience in managing the development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects.
• Experience in using Modeling, Project Management, CAD and Software programming tools.
• Working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and software for technical document writing such as Visio, Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint.
• Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.