A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic finance professional to join a dynamic team supporting the green transition within Macquarie's Financial Management Group.
As part of the finance team supporting the Macquarie Asset Management division, you will primarily support the Green Investment Group business within EMEA, acting as a key contact point for the Green Investment Group business and portfolio companies. You will have financial controllership responsibility over their EMEA balance sheet and profit & loss, overseeing the effective operation of the financial control framework of the business within Macquarie.
Your immediate team is based in London; however, the wider team is across Europe, India, the Americas, and Australia. You will work very closely with the team in India which supports the business operationally creating a diverse and collaborative team.
This exiting role will see you managing & developing a team across EMEA supporting the Green Investment Group and you will be the primary finance contact for the business and the business's portfolio companies, including review of ongoing work and helping to subsidiary Finance teams. There will be an opportunity to oversee implementation, remediation, and testing of financial control framework in portfolio companies.
You will also oversee monthly review of regional balance sheets and P&L ensuring bookings are reflected appropriately and under the correct accounting standards, having close interaction with offshore finance teams, fund accountants, and legal entity control teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of the balance sheet and P&L.
A Day in The Life:
- Oversight and assistance of the offshore finance teams with month-end close, review of complex accounting, and group-wide and statutory entity audits
- Partnering with deal teams and other parts of Financial Management Group to advise on the financial implications of new products, restructurings, and complex transactions, focusing on the accounting considerations.
- End-to-end transaction lifecycle management from implementation to discharge
- Translating and communicating complex accounting topics to stakeholders without accounting experience
- Recognising and anticipating potential opportunities and recommending changes as the business environment changes
- Advising on and oversee funding structures for new and existing investments.
- Review of periodic business valuations and impairment analysis
- Review of periodic equity accounting, profit & loss calculations, complex journals, FX hedging calculations, and tax transfer pricing calculations
- Oversight and review of external third-party accounting providers, ensuring bookings are reflected in line with Macquarie policy and decisions.
- Determining recognition of fee and other income
- Assisting with implementation of transfer pricing arrangements
This is a fast-paced and dynamic business within Macquarie and a great opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of the transition to net zero.
What you can bring to the role:
We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and who can work proactively and independently. In addition, you will be comfortable with tackling new concepts and problem solving in a dynamic environment. As a tenured finance professional, you will have a high awareness of risk in a financial control environment. You will also be detail focused and complete tasks to a high level of accuracy. There will be opportunities to impress your experience across improvement processes & efficiencies. Strong control and organisational skills are paramount to the success of this role. Qualifications Required:
- A university degree, coupled with a formal accounting qualification (Chartered Accountant or equivalent)
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role with financial control experience
- Strong accounting background and familiarity with IFRS, AASB, or FRS, particularly with IFRS 10, IFRS 9, and IAS 28
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge working alongside an experienced team with scope to step up and grow your career, please apply today. About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will work in the financial hub of Macquarie, driving real change for our businesses. You will be part of a team that plays an important role building relationships with our regulators, partners, communities and shareholders - all of which play a key role in upholding Macquarie's brand. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.