Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Senior Rulebook Author London/Hybrid At QBE, our purpose is to enable a more resilient future.
We're an international insurer and reinsurer with a local presence in 27 countries. Leveraging our deep expertise and insights, QBE offers commercial, personal and specialty products and risk management solutions to help people and businesses manage risks, build strength, and embrace change to their advantage. The Opportunity:
QBE are currently recruiting for a RuleBook Author to join our team. You will be responsible for the development and continuous enhancement of our knowledge and expertise of the RuleBook platform within QBE, ensuring it is correctly configured and maintained. Additionally. You will ensure best practice with respect to governance and ensuring controllership of the system (release management, testing, software updates). Finally, providing pricing actuaries and underwriters advice and guidance on using the capabilities of the system. How will I help?
Your story so far...
- Interpret the requirements of the Underwriting and Actuarial teams and translate those requirements into practical, efficient and reusable RuleBook models
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of the Rulebook platform and the models that are implemented in the system
- Continuous maintenance of the tool and the models, as required (enhancements, bug fixing, tuning, etc.)
- Work with business stakeholders to provide advice on how to maximise the potential of the Rulebook product and how new products or restructured pricing models may be implemented
- Support the IT team when new versions of the software are being deployed (providing advice, UAT support, etc.)
- Assist in designing reporting outputs from Rulebook
- Identify and monitor Rulebook and Models risks and issues, managing the inter-dependencies between the business needs and the release of any updates to the system, implementing solutions and providing recommendations
- Assist in co-ordinating testing activity, ensuring activity is correctly planned, scheduled and resourced and that test cycles are correctly implemented
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external Vendors to ensure business needs are met
We are here to support you
- University educated, with a strong mathematical, actuarial and/or computer science component
- Experience of working with a formal software development lifecycle: specifically
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Software development
- Testing processes
- Release management
- Knowledge of pricing systems (such as RuleBook, Polaris, etc.), and actuarial pricing models
- Ability to work with remote stakeholders and to develop and maintain remote relationships
- Ability to identify issues and solutions according to prescribed processes and procedures
- Expert in end user" tools - Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, visual basic macros, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the commercial insurance industry
- May be studying towards a professional qualification or possesses commensurate professional experience
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- 'Hybrid Working' - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our 'At My Best' wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the awards QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners - Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
- Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021 Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response
- Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022 Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent. Why QBE? Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work, including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and wellbeing programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor's A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, QBE's gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW!
Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.