Technology Operations Engineer, Hedge Fund, London
- 50,000 - 80,000 per annum + bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
My client are a top high frequency trading company, where technology and innovation is at the forefront of their business and working environment. They build and use cutting edge technologies which are used to for quantitative trading and quantitative research.
The company are currently looking to hire bright and driven technologists in their support, to work on supporting their core infrastructure, developers and operational integrity of their core trading platform. The role will be broad in nature and allow the successful Technology Operations Engineer to be hands on with a variety of exciting technologies as well as getting the opportunity to be exposed to the business and algorithmic trading environment.
The successful Technology Operations Engineer should have a good all round skillset gained from 2 – 7 years’ working in a challenging and demanding working environment. You will get the opportunity to work closely alongside the developers to support software releases and testing, and will be writing scripts to oversee deployments into the environment and generally support the servers and databases in the environment
- 2-7 years’ experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Honours Degree or Higher in Computer Science or Equivalent studies
- Strong Scripting Skills (Perl/Bash/Python/Shell)
- Exposure to Databases (SQL/Oracle/Sybase)
- Ability to navigate around and work with servers (Unix/Windows)
- Good understand of software deployments/testing
The team are looking for highly motivated and driven candidate who have a real passion for learning new technologies and will be looking for a role that will challenge them. They pride themselves on having one of the most exciting working environments from a technology perspective and can offer hugely competitive salary and packages for the successful candidate.