Workday Configuration Lead
- GBP400 - GBP550 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Oliver James Associates.
- 14 Nov 17 2017-11-14
As the Workday Configuration Lead, you will ensure that the solution configuration meets the organisation's business and operational requirements. You will serve as the primary technical expert for the Workday programme, applying rigour and expertise working closely with the Project Manager, Test Lead and Integrations Lead to ensure the delivered solution is fit for purpose and to help manage issues as they arise. Workday Workday Workday
- Own and be the reference person for all functional components of delivery outside of Test, and IT/ Integrations.
- Help and advise the Data Lead of any impending configuration changes and, where required, the advised rework of the data.
- Mentor two new Workday Administrators and system owners on their technical understanding. Provide Knowledge Transfer as appropriate.
- Input and provide guidance in mitigating issues around processes both during design and test specifically.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate level of detail in the suite of test scenarios to demonstrate that the solution is fit for purpose to meet the business needs.
- Ensuring the processes, flows and procedures are sufficiently robust and in line with the technical capabilities and constraints of Workday.
- Review and Sign off for Design documentation.
- Challenge not only the in-house status quo but also the implementation partner recommendations if there are better alternatives
- Works with Country HR Functional Leads and Payroll in countries (often the same people), Regional HR Management, HR Operations and other key members to identify appropriate user populations and their specific regional needs
- Will become key advisor and knowledge transfer specialist while acting as the 'Go to' knowledge specialist for work stream leads within the project
Key Competencies / Experience
- Experience of traditional Workday deployments and LDP to ensure the business have visibility of solutions that may not be offered under LDP but would provide a better solution.
- The ideal candidate will have worked with Absence, Recruitment, Compensation, Talent, Performance Management and HCM modules and will have worked with a range of integrations including Payroll. Extensive Workday HR experience including 3 full project lifecycles.
- Workday HCM Certification with implementation experience in the last 2 years.
- Strong leadership skills, able to inform and guide functional leads who may never have done anything like this in the past.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Strong track record in delivery involving multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience managing both internal and implementation partners.
- Able to challenge current practices, processes, the implementation partner as well as internal teams.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Workday navigation and Workday tools environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have a high level of emotional intelligence and empathy to help the Change Manager and others shape and introduce the new functionality to the business or to help them understand Workday functionality.
- Project Management
- Payroll Teams
- Implementation Partner
- HR Functional Leads
- Integration Team
- Information Technology