About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We have a balanced hybrid working model to ensure you get the flexibility you need, and the successful candidate will spend their time between working in the office and working from home.
This is a new role based in the Capital Markets Oversight & Administration (O&A) Team in Chicago. The O&A Team provides operational, accounting, and risk/control oversight to Northern Trust's Capital Markets products. This role will be focused on oversight of transaction report related to Capital Markets products (initially foreign exchange transactions, managed via DTCC's Global Trade Reporting portal). The role involves liaising with partners at different levels of seniority across many Capital Markets areas globally (including operations, client services, product, and trading desks) and with external vendors outside of Northern Trust, and therefore strong communication skills are required.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to:
• Manage error and omissions reporting
• Develop meaningful metrics
• Manage service descriptions and coordinate monthly meetings
• Coordinate business continuity plan updates and testing
Skills / Experience
• Professional with proven business experience and a focus on proactive activities within the operations group.
• Strong communication skills.
• Preferred candidate will have knowledge of the firm and the financial services industry, specifically in an operations setting.
• Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Experience in an analytical role or risk/control function, ideally within a banking institution.
• Previous experience in transaction reporting and/or Capital Markets ideal
• Previous experience of working on DTCC's GTR and/or Broadridge's Future Landscape or Total Order is advantageous
• Able to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary.
• Excellent team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• An eye for accuracy with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate issues in a clear, logical fashion.
• Able to grasp new concepts quickly.
• Strong questioning skills to determine nature of a problem and assess implications.
• Able to work in a changing environment, recognize opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions.
• Excel & PowerBI experience required. Knowledge of VBA/SQL preferred.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.