About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Job Title
: Consultant, Fund Governance Solutions Description:
The Fund Governance Solutions Group combines Regulatory Administration and Compliance Support resources to support our client's regulatory needs. These groups are made up of experienced industry professionals, including attorneys, who are able to work with our client's internal teams to plan filings, provide support on non-routine matters including proxy campaigns and fund reorganizations, as well as distribution and intermediary support. Under general direction, the Consultant position will be responsible for conducting and participating in compliance testing and oversight initiatives, assisting in the review and production of regulatory filings and reports, the review, production and maintenance of Board and committee materials and the administrative activities related to Board and committee meeting support. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with review and production of materials for client Board and Committee meetings.
- Finalize arrangements for Board meetings which may include administrative activities such as making transportation arrangements, planning meals, arranging AV, providing digital or paper copies as needed.
- Update and maintain Board and regulatory calendars and responsibility matrices.
- Assist with review and execution of regulatory filings and reporting.
- Perform research on issues regarding the Investment Company Act of 1940 and other fund and client regulatory obligations as needed.
- Participation in compliance testing and audits.
- Preparation of board and senior management reporting
- Serve as point of contact for clients and partners with respect to compliance reporting and other client issues.
- Assist in client/product development initiatives including the review and analysis of needs and the design of solutions.
- A College or University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative group is required.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills are required.
- Functional / Industry Knowledge is preferred
- Technical skills / regulatory knowledge is required
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.