Job Opportunity Commercial Real Estate Underwriter and Portfolio Manager (Boston) Commercial Real Estate Underwriter and Portfolio Manager (Boston) -1904851 Description Santanders Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government. Our clients rely on the strength of Santanders balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santanders significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far. Summary The Commercial Real Estate Underwriter and Portfolio Manager manages a portfolio of banking loan relationships, and routinely monitors them for risks inherent in a business loan portfolio. S/he provides support to the manager of the department on continuous improvement initiatives and takes the lead on projects that support loan growth and efficiency objectives within lines of business. Helps deliver an industry-leading experience for both internal and external customers. Duties & Responsibilities
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply. Qualifications
- Helps to structure deals
- Performs deal diligence including identifying all key risks
- Manages legal aspect of deal process
- Oversees internal approval process including ensuring accurate and timely completion of internal approval write-ups and leads deal merit discussion on internal approval calls
- Reviews relevant deal documents / information provided in data room
Job : Underwriting Primary Location : Massachusetts-BOSTON-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street Organization:Commercial Banking (4700) Schedule : Full-time Job Posting : Sep 6, 2019, 5:55:17 PM
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on, current experience with underwriting commercial real estate loan transactions
- 5 years of relevant (commercial real estate) industry experience is strongly preferred
- Financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management experience
- Ability to foster strong partnerships with the related documentation and underwriting units
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Ability to work well with others and on teams
- Comfortable in customer contact situations including escalations and potential work-out/loan restructure environments
- Able to assist RM's on how to structure the credit relationship
- Demonstrated practical and conceptual knowledge of credit and risk analysis
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to organization
- Must demonstrate strong judgment and sound credit skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial statements
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO
Share Job Work in Boston
Check out where you could be working if you apply
- INTERNSHIP JOBS
Discover internship opportunities that Santander has for bright, ambitious students like you.
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Here at Santander, we appreciate the importance of different voices and viewpoints.
- Employee Perspectives and Testimonials | Careers at Santander
What do our employees enjoy most about working for Santander? Read more employee testimonials about working at Santander here.
- Santander's Charitable Contributions Program | Careers at Santander
Our communities are stronger when we support each other. That's why we're committed to the Santander Bank, N.A. Charitable Contributions Program.
Featured Jobs Your Jobs Saved Jobs
You currently have no jobs saved.
Recent Jobs Get the Scoop
Keep your finger firmly on the pulse. Sign up, and we'll make sure you know about all the newest Santander roles as they become available.
Select Your Interests Select a job category from the list of options. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
Job CategorySelect a Job CategoryAuditBank ManagerBank TellerBusiness AnalystBusiness DevelopmentBusiness OperationsComplianceConsumer and Business BankingCorporate BankingCorporate Management & InfrastructureCustomer ServiceData ManagementFinanceHuman ResourcesInformation TechnologyInternal AuditInternal Audit & Credit Risk ReviewInternational BankingInternshipLegal & Corporate AffairsLoan OfficerOperationsPart Time Bank TellerProduct Development & ManagementReturnship JobsRiskRisk ManagementSalesSales ManagementUnderwriting
- Underwriting, Boston, Massachusetts, United States