Private Equity - WAI Associate Fund Controller
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington Alternative Investments (WAI) sponsors and sub-advises a broad array of long/short equity, multi-strategy, global macro, private equity and relative value hedge funds. WAI Fund Services (WAI-FS) is responsible for the financing, accounting and operations for these funds. WAI-FS is comprised of three teams: 1) Fund Accounting; 2) Treasury, and 3) Audit and Financial Reporting.
The Fund Controller will oversee several centralized tasks and functions for Wellington's Private Equity Funds and will play a key role in the quarterly Financial Statement/NAV process, annual audits, the monitoring of capital calls and distributions and assisting with investor requests. This role requires frequent collaboration with other Wellington teams and external service providers (e.g. Fund Administrators, Auditors).
- Oversee the quarterly Financial Statement/NAV process and assist with annual audits
- Coordinate capitals calls and distributions of investment proceeds
- Perform a variety of daily/weekly/monthly centralized activities, such as valuation oversight, client reporting, and management reporting
- Develop and manage relationships with Wellington's centralized teams and external service providers
- Lead and support projects, both large and small, associated with the funds, Wellington's operational and systems infrastructure, and service providers
- College undergraduate degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business
- 2+ years' experience from a public accounting firm, hedge fund, private equity or fund administrator
- PE experience is preferred but not required
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- A natural curiosity and desire to expand one's knowledge and role
- A proactive nature in developing and improving processes
- Advanced Excel and Access skills, or a desire to develop them
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, performing multiple tasks and balancing competing priorities
- A client service mindset and strong communication skills
- Progress towards a CPA, CFA, or MBA is a plus
Private Equity - WAI Associate Fund Controller JOB FAMILY
Wellington Funds Group LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .