Global Outsourcing Control Manager
- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 21 May 19
Global Outsourcing Control Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethics. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career, a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Global Outsourcing Control (GOC) Team is part of the Third Party Program Management group within Reengineering and Expense Management (REM), which is part of the Finance Division. The GOC Team manages the outsourcing control process for the Firm. This process was developed to obtain clearance for Business Units (BUs) seeking to outsource support of functions to Morgan Stanley's Global In-house Centers (GICs) and to third party suppliers.
This team is responsible for assisting all BUs with tracking the completion of proposed outsourcing engagements, which includes internal client training and support, documenting the outsourcing proposal and' supervision in an Intake Form, tracking completion of outsourcing governance and regulatory requirements, tracking/management of process until closure. The team is also responsible for process improvements, metrics gathering and reporting, and system management. Relationship building with key internal stakeholders, especially across the Legal and Compliance Division, and BU interaction, as well as good follow through, are key to ensuring a successful transition and completion of each engagement.
The role will be responsible for maintaining various day-to-day activities in the Global Outsourcing Control (GOC) team. The job holder will work on all aspects of the GOC team providing support to Morgan Stanley's various business units and support functions to ensure that the organization acts in compliance with the firm's GOC program.
Specific responsibilities include:
Develop a strong understanding of outsourcing regulatory requirements as they relate to outsourcing and how the Firm must meet those requirements
Shepherd Intake Forms through the multiple project phases and ensuring the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and go live deadlines are met
Provide project management support for the entire lifecycle of an engagement, to ensure that all project related deliverables are met (i.e., completion of calls, governance and regulatory requirements, clearance and acknowledgments from control groups, including Compliance, Tax, Legal, BU, etc.), including project status reporting
Shows strong emphasis towards data integrity to track and report progress of each engagement under management, to plan appropriately while ensuring risks and issues are identified, escalated and resolved
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate will have experience in Third Party Program Management and Outsourcing. More specifically, qualifications ought to include:
- 3+ years' experience in outsourcing and third party program management in a fast-paced multi-national or global company with a demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and act as a thought partner with teammates, senior leadership, and key stakeholders is critically important
- Exceptional project management/team leadership skills evidenced by a track record of success leading engagements or other problem-solving initiatives requiring coordination of cross-function team members with varied backgrounds and skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and proven ability to effectively interact with team members, clients, and peers, earning their trust and establishing credibility
- Ability to discern where to place efforts/actions to add the greatest value and maximum impact
- Ability to be flexible, adjust to changing priorities and unforeseen events, and proactively adjust strategy and approach from new learnings
- Strong attention to detail, communication and organizational skills
- Experience in operation process
- Bachelor's degree preferred